Well, here we are again. I guess you could say I took a break from blogging for a while. It was actually unintentional, but then I didn't miss it and decided to just not write for a while and then I toyed with the idea of giving it all up because how many times can I write about a trip to the circus and make it sound interesting each time? Plus, I rarely get any comments and so I just wasn't motivated to write and I was too busy to care.
Then my friend Candy text me about it saying I needed to write a post and then I got an email from my mom and then I got a text from my cousin Amy and so there are at least three people in the world who actually read the nonsense I put on this blog and so here we are with a new post in a new year, my eighth year to be precise. How the time flies. So, here's the deal, I'll write when I feel like it or when something interesting is going on or when I have time. I am still working full time and taking a full load this semester in graduate school an so, obviously there are other things that will take priority over blogging. I'm not promising a post every day, nor am I promising a post every week (although I will try), but I am promising to blog when I can.
Furthermore, I have a big project that is shaping up to start in the next couple of months and it is a project that I definitely want to have a journal of and so I suspect that when this giant project gets going I'll be motivated to write a little more, provided I'm not too tired or stressed or curled up in a ball crying some where. I've also made some other changes that I should probably write about and so hopefully the writing bug will bite me soon.
Since I wrote my last post way back in December, here are the things that have happened:
- The Downtown Christmas Parade was at night this past December and it was way better than it had been in years.
- The Living Christmas Tree was on par with previous year's performances, although a little strange in some parts.
- My dad and I cooked a really nice Christmas dinner for the family and I think it was a big success.
- There was no snow on Christmas, but that probably doesn't come as a surprise to anyone
- I went to the Symphony on New Year's Eve, doing something for myself for a change, and it was the best New Year's Eve I have ever had.
- We went to the circus and took my four-year-old cousin Greer. It was his first circus and it was so fun to see the wonder and amazement on his face. As it turns out, it was the last time we will ever see the elephants at the circus and that makes me a little sad.
- The daughter of a friend got married and my cousins and I danced the night away at the reception.
- I said good bye to one of my favorites, Judge Frank Riddick.
- We celebrated another birthday of three cousins.
- We've had multiple family dinners and lots and lots of laughter.
- I've binged watched loads of television
- Alabama won a football national championship.
- I won the Parker Football Bowl Challenge for the second year in a row!
- My family discovered my weird love of the calendar.
- I started my second semester of graduate school and two weeks in I can confirm it is a doozie! I'm not loving it like I did last semester; but, alas, this too shall pass and hopefully so will my grades.
That about sums things up. Not too many details, but, that's what I've been up to. I hope to write again soon. Until then, be praying that I survive the next few months because I might have 37 too many irons in the fire.