Tuesday, August 4, 2015

It Happened Last Weekend

I had every intention of blogging last night and then fell asleep at 7:30 p.m. That's right, welcome to my exciting life and now you know why there's not much for me to write about these days. Actually, I have a bit of a sinus infection and went to the doctor after church on Sunday so I could nip it in the bud before it got any worse. Two shots and an oral prescription later, I was sent home and was feeling some better by the time evening rolled around. The steroid shot, however, prevented me from getting any sleep on Sunday night and so by the time I got home from work on Monday, I was more tired than I realized. I ate dinner, laid down on the couch to watch a TV show, and that was all she wrote. I woke up around 10:15 and moved from the couch to the bed and I was grateful to have gotten so much rest. 

As for the weekend, Friday night I moved grass, the one chore I always dread but am always so proud and thankful when it's done. It's not the most exciting thing to do on a Friday night, but it tends to be the one day of the week I have available to tackle to the task. My neighbor was having a gathering at his house and had a fire pit going and there was a slight breeze in the air and the humidity wasn't overbearing and it almost seemed like fall. Almost. 

Saturday morning I was scheduled to clean out closets ans cabinets with my dad and had wanted to start at 7:00 a.m., but when I woke at 6:00 a.m. he had sent a text message saying don't come until eight. So, I did some things around the house and got to my parents' house around eight and he was still sleeping. Mother, however, was awake. So, I fixed her some breakfast and went to work cleaning out her dresser and chest of drawers because someone recently bought the bedroom set and they are going to be picking it up sometime this week. So, I just knocked that out so that Ada wouldn't have to do it. A few months ago I had taken mother's blank note cards home with me since she can't write that well anymore and I thought I had gotten the majority of them, but ended up coming home with a lot more cards on Saturday as well. My dad wasn't feeling great and didn't want to do any cleaning or purging so after I finished up in mother's room, I hit the road. 

I ran some errands to Hobby Lobby and Sam's Club and then home where I noticed a missed call from my cousin. We played phone tag for a while but finally got in touch. They wanted to go to the lake for a few hours that afternoon and wanted to know if I could keep baby B. Well, of course! Who doesn't love some baby B time? So, I took a quick shower and then a quick nap and then headed over to Lauren and Jon Mark's and they went to the lake with their oldest while B and I hung out at the house. They got back a little before 8:00 p.m. and then we all went to Po Boy's to grab some dinner before parting ways for the night. 

Sunday morning I was up bright and early as I had signed up to cook breakfast for my Sunday school class. I made a casserole and cut up some strawberries that I had gotten at Sam's (and were super delicious). I put the casserole in the oven, got myself ready for church and then left. Which more or less brings us back to the beginning of this post where I ended up at the doctor's office after church and spent the rest of the day on my couch. Although, I must say, it had been four and half months since my previous sinus infection and that feels like an all-time personal record. 

Baby B!

1 comment:

Erika said...

I'm glad you're feeling better! Sounds like a good, productive weekend. Nice of you to help out Miss Ada too.