Tuesday, January 6, 2015

First Day Back

Hello 2015! It's six days in and I've yet to post a thing. Apparently 2015 is off to a lazy start. What can I say? Yesterday (Monday) was my first day back in the "real world" after two and a half weeks off from work for surgery and Christmas break. Overall, it went okay, there's nothing really I can complain about. I thought the chirp of the alarm clock at 5:00 a.m. would be tough but I actually got up with no problem at all and even made it out the door on time. There was a lot of catching up to do at work since I had not turned on my computer once in the days I was away, but I didn't get overwhelmed which was my goal. I made it through the day without crawling under my desk for a nap which is quite an accomplishment for someone who spent most of her time off sleeping. 

After work, I went home and got some things gathered up to take to Bible study. This week our ladies Bible study group kicked off the new year with a new study and I think we are all going to love it. We had some great conversation and I think we could have talked all night, but about 8:30 p.m. I cut everyone off so we could do prayer requests and get out the door by 9:00 p.m. 

By the time I got home from Bible study, I was pretty worn out and my knee was a little sore. I'm quite sure I walked more on Monday that I have on any one day since my surgery. The facility where I work is quite huge and we have concrete floors so the combination of the two was a little much for my reentry to the world. So, I elevated and iced my knee when I was finally in for the night which helped immensely because when I woke up Tuesday my knee was no longer sore, thank goodness. I suspect this will be my routine for a while, or at least until my knee gets used to walking long distances again. 

There's really not much else to say about the first few days of 2015. I spent New Year's Day sleeping and that's not much of an exaggeration. I was asleep more than I was awake. This is one of the things I hate about New Year's Day because while I do love to nap, I don't like to sleep the whole day away and inevitably when I stay up on New Year's Eve, I spend all of New Year's Day recovering. This is called getting old. Pippa was rather worn out too and she slept even more than I did. We were quite the pair. We did a lot of sleeping on the 2nd as well because we were up late watching a certain football game on the 1st. So, I guess I could sum up the first few days of the year by saying I slept through them. Hopefully that won't be the case for the remainder of the year, although technically speaking, I wouldn't mind a nap right about now.  

1 comment:

Erika said...

Happy New Year! Looking forward to your blog posts in 2015 :)