Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Hallowen 2015

I realize it's November, but I have yet to talk about Halloween. This year's Halloween was full of fun from morning til night.

I woke up early on Halloween morning and headed down to Goodyear downtown as I had an oil change scheduled for 7:00 a.m. I stayed at the store while they changed the oil and balanced and rotated my tires. I clipped coupons, watched the news, played candy crush, and read the latest Southern Living while waiting for my vehicle to be serviced. Also while there, I got to see the folks running in the Sppoktacular 5K run by in their various Halloween costumes which was rather entertaining. I had anticipated the time at Goodyear to be about and hour, but it was more like an hour and a half.

I was supposed to meet my friend Lauren M. at the Botanical Garden at 9:00 a.m. and had planned on going to the grocery store before. However, since the time at Goodyear took longer than expected, there wasn't enough time for the grocery store. So, I ran by CVS and got some of their brand of Airborne (which is way cheaper and seems to work just as well) since I was almost out and then I went to the Garden.

Lauren M. was running late so I had a few minutes to spare before she arrived and I perused the gift shop. If y'all have never been to the gift shop at the Botanical Garden, I highly recommend it and if you are a member, you get 10% off. They seriously have so many cute things there. Lauren M. arrived and we walked around the garden for about an hour and checked out all the scarecrows on the scarecrow trail. It was the last day of the exhibit so they weren't as put together as they probably were on the first day, but still, it was fun.

After the garden, Lauren M. and I parted ways and I finally made it to the grocery store and got the things I needed to make taco soup and potato soup for Halloween night. My cousin Lauren L. was hosting her annual Halloween party that night and I was in charge of games and cooking the two pots of soup. I spent the afternoon making soups and then showered and got myself ready for the big party.

I had decided some time ago to dress up as Mary Poppins. Mary has always been one of my favorite characters and I've always loved the movie and since I already had most of the items to create the costume, that's what I settled on. I think it turned out quite nicely.

I went over to Lauren L.'s early to get the soups warmed up and help her with any last minute things and soon enough the other guests began to arrive. We had a fun night eating yummy foods, talking and hanging out with each other. Some of us enjoyed scaring trick-or-treaters half to death. It was all a lot of fun, except for the rain - it was the second straight year for loads of rain on Halloween.

Around 8:00 p.m. I decided to call it a night. After my dad of working in the yard and then being up all day without a nap on Saturday, I was ready for the bed. So, I gathered my belongings and was soon on my way home where I promptly set my clocks back an hour (thank you Lord for the extra hour of sleep) and called it a night.

Halloween 2015 was a fun-filled day and I'm already thinking about what I'll be for Halloween 2016!


Candy said...

I hate that it rained again! My boys woke up Sunday morning with ear aches and breathing treatments. I loved all the costume pictures! You made the cutest Mary P!

Erika said...

Love love love your Mary Poppins costume!