Monday, November 16, 2015

Here's What's Been Happening

Hello and thanks for stopping by. We are halfway through the month of November and I've only posted three times (including this post). Now that my final is over (still waiting on my grade) I hope to have a little more time to spend on writing about the mundane happenings of my life. I'm sure you're thrilled. Let's start with this past weekend. 

Friday night I had plans to go to the MA football game with my dad and on Thursday night I got a call from someone offering me tickets to a play for the same night. I turned down the play tickets since football was already planned. Then, on Friday, my dad sent a text saying he was sick and wouldn't be able to make it to the game which left me with nothing to do because I wasn't going to go to a football game by myself. Normally having nothing to do wouldn't be that big of a deal; in fact, it often is a welcome change. However, since I had been at home every night that week studying, I was itching to get out of the house. So, I called back the friend who had offered the play tickets, but the tickets were, as I suspected, already taken. Then, I thought about going to a movie because I haven't been to see a movie in months and there are quite a few out and more coming that I want to see right now. So, I text my cousin Jan to see if she wanted to go, but she was planning to decorate her Christmas tree that night so she invited me over to decorate it with her and I accepted because like I said, I just needed to get out of the house after a week at home. 

So, after work, I had an appointment and then I ate some dinner and watched the news about the terrible attacks on Paris, and then I headed over to Jan's. We spent the next three hours or so decorating and talking and watching episodes of Homeland from this season which she recorded for me on her DVR. For the record, I like to watch Homeland without any interruption or disruption, so I really don't know what is going on as well as I would if I was watching it at home by myself, but hey, I'm getting to see the season as it's taking place and I can go back and catch the little details next September when the season is released on Blu-Ray. For now, I'm just grateful I don't have to wait a year to find out what's going on in the world of crazy Carrie Mathison. 

Saturday was a day of running here there and yonder, or at least the morning was. I started the morning by going to Sam's Club as they were having a pre-black Friday sale and had a lot of really good deals. I have been tossing around the idea of getting a new phone for a few months now. The one I have is about two-years old and has been hit with the two-year curse. It's on the fritz from time to time and when I was at the Botanical Garden a few weeks ago, I had 80% battery and while I was taking photos, the phone just died and shut off. So, needless to say, a new phone is on my agenda. However, paying $200 for a new phone isn't what I want to do right now. So, I had seen that this mega-sale at Sam's had a Samsung Galaxy S6 for 96 cents if you renew your contract for two  years. Well, I've been with Sprint for 10 years or more and don't plan on changing. So, yes, I'm okay with renewing for another two years if it saves me $199.04 on a new phone. Now, ever since I've had a smart phone, I've had a HTC, so changing brands makes me a little nervous, but everyone who has the Galaxy really seems to like it so hopefully it will work out for me as well. 

Sam's opened at 7:00 a.m. for the mega-sale and I pulled into the parking lot about five minutes til and y'all, I totally underestimated how many people would be there. I am not kidding when I say they were lined up all the way down the side of the building. I wasn't even sure I would make it in to get a phone there were so many people there. I got in line and the poor man behind me had no idea what was going on and asked me why there were so many people there; apparently he must be a business club member and has access to the early hours. I made it into the store a few minutes after 7:00 (they were only letting a few people in at a time) and got into the phone line. I didn't have much time to wait because I had a hair appointment at 8:00 and the line seemed to be crawling at a snail's pace. When I was about five people from the front, I sent a text to my hairdresser and told him I was going to be a few minutes late. The salon is close to Sam's and there was no way I was giving up my spot in line when I was so close. He said it was no problem and not to rush. I made it to the front, and got my slip to get my phone. They were providing people with reservations and making appointments for activation later that day or within the next three days. So, on Monday evening, I'll stop by Sam's and pick up my phone and get it activated. I'm hoping they can switch over contacts, as well so I don't have to make an extra stop by the Sprint store later this week. 

After I got my phone reservation, I went to the salon. As luck would have it, the 8:30 appointment showed up at 8:00 so Jeff was able to just switch us out which worked for everyone. I'm pretty sire that will never happen again. After my haircut, I stopped by Wal-Mart and Publix to knock out the weekly grocery shopping and then drove out to the YMCA in Madison to meet my friend Lauren for Zumba. I finally made it home for the day around 12:30 where I plopped on the couch and watched football for the rest of the day. 

1 comment:

Candy said...

I don't have a galaxy, but everyone at church seems to have one and they love it! I hope you like it. Sounds like you were a busy bee this weekend.