Thursday, April 1, 2010

Here's What's Happening

Well, it’s April, and I’m happy to report that some of the soreness in my legs has left me. Praise Jesus! Tuesday I worked on arms, but with a lot less weight than 190 pounds. My arms are sore, but not nearly as sore as my legs were. I’m still walking a little funny, but this too shall pass.

Yesterday I got the bike out of the shed and rode it to church. Tony had come over on Tuesday and made sure there was air in the tires. I really enjoyed the ride and had forgotten how much fun it is. I haven’t ridden since the fall; so, it was nice to get out on the bike again.

This afternoon I plan to mow the lawn for the first time this season. It is really getting out of control. I should have taken a photo. Maybe I’ll remember before I mow it today. I was trying to hold out until April – and I did! I’m looking forward to seeing the freshly mown lawn. I always dread getting started, but once it is complete, I feel like I’ve accomplished something.

I still haven’t planted my garden. Since my brother will be coming home next week, I am hoping he will be kind enough to help me with it – in other words, I’m going to ask him to till up the ground for me. I’m going with tomatoes and peppers again this year, but haven’t decided what else if anything I’m going to plant. I need to get some good tomato cages this year. The ones I had last year were terrible and I ended up throwing them out.

I’ve also got a few home improvement projects to work on this spring – that is if Uncle Sam will ever send me my tax refund money. I need a new door frame for my front door, a new screen door for my back door, I might be planting a new tree or two, I need to spruce up my mailbox, along with some other things that I can’t quite think of right now. So, when I finally get around to accomplishing these projects, I’ll write about it here so you can read all about how exciting my life is.

I suppose this is all the news I have for today, which isn’t news at all; but it’s all I’ve got for now. Life just seems to be creeping along, with nothing spectacular to write about, which I guess can be a good thing.

1 comment:

Candy said...

You are always the woman on a mission :) After you finish planting, mowing, fixing, come to my house and help. The Lamica house always needs something! BTW - Andrew mowed for the first time on Thursday. Can I just mention how much I LOVE the smell of mowed grass. It puts me in such a happy mood. I've been working on tagging clothes for the kids sale I do twice a year. I've been taking advantage of the nice weather and sitting inside my garage while doing it.