Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Here's What's Happening

As I type this, I'm on a conference call with China and it's 9:00 p.m. It's awesome...or not. Things are just as busy this week as last and probably even more so. Unfortunately, this means my blogging will most likely once again be placed on the back burner. Please hang in there with me while I adjust to a crazy puppy and a crazy workload and maybe at some point life will return to some semblance of normal. One can only hope.

On Monday I had a day off from work to take care of some annual doctor's appointments. I'm proud to say for the fifth year in a row my eye prescription did not change; so, there's that. I was also able to meet Jackie for lunch which was awesome because we never get to go to lunch together since we work on separate ends of town. We ate at Sandwich Farm which is usually quite good, and mine was, but Jackie's sandwich was sub-par so they gave her a refund and a ticket for a free sandwich in the future.

After my last doctor's appointment, I went to election training for the special amendment vote we have coming up on September 10. I actually attended the inspector's school this time around. The inspector at my precinct is an older gentleman who is not in the best of health and he asked me to attend the inspector training in case he was unable to make it on the 10th. So, I guess you could say I'm next in line for the inspector position at precinct three which means I'll be making a whole $50 more than I currently do each election.

In work related news, I have finally officially been told that I am getting a promotion. It's something I've been working towards for a while now and I'm really grateful and thankful for the opportunity and the confidence my supervisor has in me to move me on up. I haven't been told the details such as salary and when it goes in to effect, but at least I know it is really happening and no longer a rumor wafting through the cubicles.

In regards to that, I've been in customer meetings all day and will probably be in meetings again tomorrow and in the mean time my emails will continue to back up. So, if you've emailed me at work, I'll try to get back to you at some point this year. I'm still listening to this Chinese conference all by the way - 30 minutes later. Did I mention it's loads of fun because it really isn't.

In gym related news, we WOW girls are still training with Josh on Tuesday and Thursday nights. My friend Maria even came with me recently and saw just how hard we work in the classes. Tonight I did 320 pounds on the leg press. Josh put more weight on all my presses than anyone else - so, watch out world, I'm making muscles...or something like that.

So, those are just a few of the things that are going on in my crazy and busy life right now. Football season is also fast approaching, as in it arrives Thursday night and things won't be slowing down any time soon, but really, I wouldn't have it any other way.


No comments: