Friday, May 13, 2016

Here's What's Been Happening on Vacation

Well, we've been on vacation for a week and one day. I guess I should have written more posts along the way, but I just didn't get around to it. The house we rented in Colorado Springs is just the best. It's more or less like two separate apartments in one building because I have a den with a TV, a bedroom and a bathroom downstairs and my dad has the same upstairs (along with the kitchen). All of this to say that I've spent my evenings catching up on my television shows that I haven't been able to watch the last few months. The alone time has been just as great as the rest of the vacation.

Here's a breakdown of some of the things we have done over the past eight days.

Day one, Thursday, May 05 - Denver Mint, Colorado State Capital





Day two, Friday, May 06 - A tour of Hammond's Candy, a tour of Coor's and a trip to the Denver Botanic Garden







Day three, Saturday, May 07 - Went to Boulder, toured Celestial Seasonings, drove to Colorado Springs



Day four, Sunday, May 08 - Church at Northside Church of Christ, Seven Falls, and church at Pikes Peak Church of Christ





Day five, Monday, May 09 - Mollie Kathleen Gold Mine, Cripple Creek, Manitou Cliff Dwellers, Cave of the Winds, Garden of the Gods







Day six, Tuesday, May 10 - Fly fishing in Elevenmile Canyon, US Olympic Training Center







Day seven, Wednesday, May 11 - Horseback riding, Cheyenne Mountain Zoo, Will Rogers Shrine of the Sun




Day eight, Thursday, May 12 - Rock climbing in Garden of the Gods, Train ride to Pikes Peak


Day nine, Friday, May 13 - River Gorge Park and a train ride alongside the Arkansas River



It's been a fun-filled vacation and we have one day left before we head home on Sunday.

No comments: