Thursday, April 16, 2009

Cirque du Soleil: Saltimbanco

Last night Tony and I went to see Cirque du Soleil Saltimbanco, courtesy of my aunt. She won four tickets and took my cousin (her daughter) and me and Tony. I don’t think Tony was really that excited to be going along, but I think he enjoyed it after it was all said and done.

Prior to the show, I looked up some information, on one of my most favorite sites, Wikipedia and read what it was all about. So, I knew a little bit of what to expect. (You can read about it here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saltimbanco) But, the article didn’t do this spectacular justice. The performances were absolutely amazing. The body strength of the performers is amazing. I have never seen anything like it. The colors were also very vibrant and overall it was truly a magical experience. My favorite part of the night was the last performance when there were four people on swings and bungees. It was beautiful and also looked like a lot of fun!

As I said, I think Tony ended up liking the show and when I asked him for a quote for this site he said, “Freakin’ fantastical fun for free.” Who knew he would use alliteration to express his opinion of the show?

Unfortunately, I couldn’t take any pictures (strict policy), and I had intended to take pictures off of the Saltimbanco web site and put here, but there aren’t any that can be used. So, you’ll have to check out the Saltimbanco site for yourself, which can be found here: http://www.cirquedusoleil.com/en/default.asp The Saltimbanco link is at the bottom of the page, and you can view the links for the other Cirque shows as well. It also lists the touring dates. The tickets here in Huntsville were a bit pricey. I’m sure the seats up top are less expensive, and we sat up top and the show was still great. So, keep that in mind should you decide to go.

No comments: