Monday, July 27, 2015

Banded Headbands

I've been meaning to write a post about the company Banded for a few weeks now, but haven't gotten around to it. So, I thought I would tackle that task today as there's not much exciting going on around these parts. 

Back in December, I went to buy some scrub bottoms to wear to and from my knee surgery. I figured they would be the easiest thing to pull on and off considering I didn't know how bendable my knee would or wouldn't be. I went by the Parkway Scrubs store at the corner of Governor's and the Parkway and found a couple of pairs for a really good price and when I went to check out, I noticed a display of headbands which caught my eye. I ended up buying a couple of headbands as well and have worn them over and over again when working out, or when I just want to pull my hair back or have a different style. They are super comfortable - the most comfortable of any headband I have ever worn. 

When I was post-Fourth of July shopping, I thought about my headbands and wondered if the company had any patriotic styled headbands and so I went shopping on their web site. Not only do they have headbands (and lots of different kinds), but they also have hair ties. So, I ended up buying two sets of hair ties and an American flag headband. 

My package arrived in the mail a few days later and it was only then that I realized that proceeds from Banded go towards feeding hungry children in Uganda. One headband or set of hair ties provides three meals. So, my purchase of one headband and two sets of hair ties provided nine meals for the children of Uganda. So, when I saw that, I felt even better about the purchase I made. 

If you are like me then you probably want or need new hair ties from time to time or maybe even a headband; so, I encourage you to remember Banded when you make a hair accessory purchase. You can also sign up for their email list which at the time I signed up offered a 15% discount on your first order. These are great not only for you, but also would make great gifts and it's all for a worthy cause. 






1 comment:

Candy said...

Very cute. I'm always looking for cute things for JC's hair