Friday, February 12, 2010

The Case of the Missing Pizza Slice

Wednesday night, I ordered a Domino’s Pizza for Tony and me. Recently I wrote this post reviewing the new Domino’s Pizza. Let me tell you, people, it’s good. If you hated Domino’s like I did, I suggest you give this new recipe of theirs a try because you will be pleasantly surprised.

Anyway, I got a large pizza, figuring there would be enough left over for us to have some for lunch on Thursday. We regularly eat leftovers for lunch – it saves money and doesn’t waste the food. And I was right; there were eight slices in the large and we each ate two at dinner, which left two each for lunch on Thursday. I bagged up the remaining four slices and put them in the fridge and then Thursday morning, I grabbed the bag of pizza slices and came on in to work.

Once I arrived at work, I put the pizza in a refrigerator, the same refrigerator I use every day mind you, and then went to my desk and got busy working. Tony and I usually each lunch at 11:00 or a little after. So, a few minutes after 11:00, I asked him if he was ready to eat and he was so we walked over to the refrigerator to get the pizza and warm it up in the microwave.

I opened up the refrigerator and at first didn’t see my bag. Then I realized someone had sat their lunch on top of it (thanks, loser!). I grabbed the bag pulled it out only to realize that a slice was missing. What was four slices at 7:30 a.m. was now three slices just four short hours later. I was in total shock and awe! I couldn’t believe it. I have worked at the same company for almost three years and have never had any lunch stolen. It would have been one thing if the thief had grabbed the whole bag of pizza and ran off with it, but the fact that the bag (a Ziploc bag) was opened and one slice taken out was just the strangest thing to me. Not to mention that now there wasn’t enough pizza for both me and Tony. I let Tony have the pizza for lunch and I ate meatloaf from the cafeteria, which wasn’t half bad.

If anyone sees a lonely slice of pizza wandering around, let me know, but I suspect it’s in someone’s stomach and I’m now on the lookout for the pizza slice thief.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

That is just weird. We have coffee creamer theives at my office. Our company supplies the powdered creamer and sugar along with Starbucks coffee for free. But, I (and a few others) prefer to bring our own liquid/flavored creamer. On several occasions, our creamers have been polished off and put back in teh fridge empty. We have notes taped to the fridge now requesting people to not steal creamer that isn't theirs. Maybe you could post a "Lost Pizza slice" note :)

nat said...

I actually thought about putting a note on the fridge about the lost pizza slice. But I doubt anyone would fess up.

Candy said...

This happens to Andrew all the time. Someone is always taking his lunch...even when it has his name on it. Some people are so strange.