Friday, January 8, 2010

A Few Random Thoughts for Friday

Alabama won the National Championship last night! It’s been 17 years since that happened. What an amazing night. I only wish I could have been there. My hat goes off to the Longhorns who played a great game, and almost came back to win with a freshman quarterback who was thrown to the wolves. But ALABAMA WON and I couldn’t be happier! I probably would have cried last night if Tony had not been at my house watching the game with me. I can’t even begin to describe my love for The Tide (I’m talking about the team today, not my dog). I’ve been a Bama fan since I was sprung from my mother’s womb. Next to God and family, it’s the third thing I’ve loved my whole life. Every time I go to a game and the band starts playing, my eyes well up with tears. My eyes are tearing up now just thinking about how much I love Alabama football. Congrats, Alabama! Thank you, Saint Nick! The world is a much more beautiful place today than it was yesterday.

Tony and I tried the new Dominoes Pizza last night. We both hated Dominoes. This is not an exaggeration. It has been my least favorite pizza for about as long as I can remember. Have you seen their new commercials where the girl says, “The crust tastes like cardboard?” Well, I’m almost 100% sure that I have spoken those same words. Empty, dull, boring carbs is another way to describe it. Not my favorite. However, a few months ago when we were having our United Way campaign at work, I won a gift certificate for a free Dominoes’ pizza. So, I figured we‘d give it a try on National Championship night. Why not? We ordered a large with pepperoni and sausage. It was good! No joke. I would order it again. There was a lot of sauce and the sauce was actually really robust and had a kick to it – a lot of flavor, which is a huge change from before. The crust was also good, although I did not taste the garlic in it as the commercial says. Tony liked it too. Give it a try. They actually have a good deal right now – two medium pizzas for $5.99 each.

I always have a lot of sour cream in my fridge. Told you this post was random. I meant to take a picture of this scenario this morning and then I forgot because I was trying to keep warm. Or something like that.

We got some snow yesterday! Not as much as I would have hoped for, but it was wet and white nonetheless. In fact, it was snowing a little while ago again! I went to a meeting and caught a glimpse of the free world through a window in the door in the back of the building. I doubt we will get much accumulation today, but it has been a winter wonderland here and the roads are not even that crazy – yet! I sure hope we get a “big snow” this year! It has been so long since we’ve had a “big snow” in Alabama. I think I was in junior high the last time it happened. I had gigantic snows when I lived in New York and large snows in North Carolina. But, I’m hoping for the big one in Alabama this year!

If you live in Alabama, have you seen the Alabama Department of Public Health commercial with Scott Cochran, the Alabama strength and conditioning coach? It is fantastic! The best commercial I’ve ever seen. He’s the guy that holds up four fingers on each hand during the fourth quarter of the games and jumps up and down constantly. This guy has so much energy. It amazes me! The commercial is encouraging folks to get their H1N1 flu shot and it is hilarious. If you haven’t seen it, look for it. It will most definitely make you laugh.

Did you hear that Alabama won the National Championship?

2 comments:

Candy said...

Yes I have seen it!! Sooo funny. He screams the entire time, in fact JC walked into the room and told me to turn down the TV because it was loud and hurting her ears. LOL. And yes, I've heard the news and I'm sure I'll continue hearing it for the rest of my life. But congrats to all you crazy AL fans. I'm hoping orange and blue pull thru for me next year. War Eagle baby!! :)

Sara said...

I hate Domino's pizza, too, and was wondering if the new stuff was any good. And seeing how I just started WW I could probably eat one right now. In fact, I could probably watch you spit all over it and could still eat the entire thing by myself...

That brand new fancy camera and you didn't take a picture of all your sour cream?!?!?!? I am SO disappointed.