Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Alabama vs. Virginia Tech

Jackie and I went to the Alabama vs. Virginia Tech game this past Saturday. It was in Atlanta in the Georgia Dome. We stayed overnight on Saturday with one of my sorority sisters, Virginia, and her husband, Mike. Believe it or not I didn’t even take a picture with Virginia and Mike. I’m not sure how that happened, but it did. It was the first time I had seen Virginia in about 10 years! It was so awesome to see her and meet her husband. Her kids were away for the weekend. We headed to the Georgia Dome around 3:00 or so and tailgated with some of Mike’s friends. There were so many people in and around the Georgia Dome and it was also stifling HOT! I wasn’t prepared for that because we had been having nice weather here in Alabama and I expected the same in Georgia. After we got inside and sat down, I started chatting with the lady next to me. It turned out that she is the wife of my orthopedic doctor! It’s such a small world. We had a really great time, made even better thanks to Alabama pulling out the 34-24 win in the fourth quarter!



That's Shaun Alexander in the red cap and white shirt.



Here's the Million Dollar Band coming off the field before the start of the game.



The players all shook hands before the game.


Getting ready for the kickoff!


Jackie and Nat tired, but having a good time!



It's Chris Fowler and Lee Corso updating those watching at home at the half.


That big guy in the middle is Mount Cody! I like to get a picture of him at every game!

Final Score: Alabama 34, Virginia Tech 24!

No comments: