Thursday, September 27, 2012

The Past Few Days

Sorry for being such a sporadic blogger lately. Not only has the whole month of September been busy, but this past week had been kind of strange as well. As you know, Jackie and I were in Atlanta this past weekend, I was home for one day and then in Nashville for half a day for a doctor’s appointment. To top it off, it’s our fiscal year-end at work and so things there have been nuts as well. So, please forgive me and hopefully next week things will be back to normal.

Jackie and I returned home from our weekend getaway on Sunday and on the way home we stopped in Breman, Georgia to go to church with our friend Honey and her family. Yes, Honey is her real name. Honey and her family lived in Huntsville for about a year and went to church with me at Chase Park. They moved back to Georgia early this summer and so it was really great to visit with her if only for a short time.

Monday was Ladies’ Night Out where I had absolutely nothing planned for the ladies to do. We were supposed to stuff bears again, but there were no bears ready so we just chatted and ate instead. I left kind of early because I wanted to be sure and get home at a decent hour since I had to be up early the next morning.

On Tuesday, I woke at 4:00 a.m. to get a shower and ready myself for the drive the Nashville for my doctor’s appointment. My dad was kind enough to go with me and had said we should leave at 5:00 a.m. My appointment was at 8:00, but I was supposed to be there at 7:30. We ended up beating all the rush hour traffic and pulled into the parking garage at St. Thomas at 6:45 a.m. The appointment was uneventful and I don’t know anything from the visit quite yet. They took a few vials of blood and this weekend I have to collect my urine for 24 straight hours – sorry if that was too much information. My dad and I got back to Huntsville around 11:00 a.m. and I ran a few hours before coming home to nap and basically be unproductive the rest of the day.

The past couple of days have been pretty routine – work, church, work and errands. I did manage to take The Tide to the dog wash Thursday afternoon for a bath and a nail trim. She desperately needed the nail trim and had not been bathed since July so she was overdue. I also bought a couple of mums and pumpkins and mustered up the willpower to clean my porch and the chairs on the porch which were all pretty disgusting thanks to my hackberry tree which loves to drop sap everywhere. The porch needs to be pressure washed and repainted – that’s a chore for another weekend.

So, that pretty much sums things up. This weekend coming up Troy and Ashlyn are having birthday parties and on Monday I start my one month of Goga so there is sure to be something interesting to write about soon.

In the meantime, I hope you all have a great weekend and I hope to be a better blogger next week.


Melissa said...

let me know next time you're in Nashville!!! We could meet up for lunch. :)

Mary McLaughlin said...

I was in Nashville last weekend shopping! Hope everything went well at the doctor's appt. And have a great weekend

Erika said...

I have missed your daily posts :)

Cannot wait to hear about Goga next week!

Jackie said...

Should I take your before picture while you are at my house for the kids parties or do you want to do it Monday night? I am so excited to see how you do.

Alison said...

Why are you going to the doc in Nashville? Enjoy Goga! I have a friend who loves it. :D