Tuesday, May 5, 2015

The Second Weekend In May

It's the first full week of May which is, as always, hard to believe. I feel like I have a lot to do this month, and then not all at the same time. There are a few things going on this month that I'm really looking forward to and I'll be sure to write about them afterwards because I have no doubt that each event will be packed with fun. As for now, all I've got to write about it the weekend which really isn't saying a whole lot. 

Friday after work, I got the last of the fence quotes, which happened to be the highest one and I wanted to laugh in the guy's face and ask him if they ever got any business, but I didn't. Once he left, I made a quick run to the gas station to fill up the canister for the lawnmower and then mowed the grass. After the yard work was complete, my cousin-in-law, Randy came over. I think I mentioned that my cousin Anna and her husband Randy moved in a few houses down and across the street. Well, Anna was at the beach for the weekend and so Randy and I hung out and split a frozen pizza. It was a super exciting Friday night. Actually, we had a lot of fun talking and telling stories. 

Saturday morning, I was up bright and early for a haircut appointment at 8:00 a.m. and when I finished at the salon, I went by the Botanical Garden which didn't open until 9:00 a.m. and so the gates were still closed when I got there. So, I pulled over in a school parking lot and checked my various social media accounts and played some Words With Friends and while I was there, two other cars pulled into the same parking lot and were checking their phones. I don't know if they were also waiting on the garden to open, but either way, it made me laugh that we were all in that parking lot to check our phones - better than checking it on the road, though! I finally made it to the garden where I picked up four passes that I won on Twitter earlier in the week. I'm planning to take some friends to see the Lego exhibit they have right now and the Butterfly House is open so it's a great time to visit the garden! 

When I finished up at the garden, I swung by my friend and trainer Josh's house to pick him up for an early morning screening of The Avengers: Age of Ultron which was fantastic. I really liked it and found myself holding my breath on more than one occasion and may have even said, "oh, no!" at one point. It really was good and I definitely recommend it. I dropped Josh back off at his house after the movie, picked up some lunch and went home where I stayed for the remainder of the day. I did some cleaning and washing and caught up on some TV and just had a generally lazy afternoon and evening which was just perfect. 

Sunday morning when I took Pip outside, I peeked into the bird's next I discovered a couple of weeks ago and found that the three eggs were in the process of hatching and by the time I got my phone and took a picture, all three baby birds had emerged from their eggs. I've been peeking in on them each day and am excited to watch them grow. It's like having a science experiment right outside of your back door. I have decided to call them Huey, Dewey and Louie - it's fitting. That evening, we had our last Huddles of the year which was held at a home in Arab. I rode with some of the other leaders which was nice because I was not keen on driving that far away. It was a nice evening and the host grilled hot dogs and we got to spend a fun time together before the summer starts. We'll take the summer off from Huddles and when we meet up again all our little ninth graders will be tenth graders. It's going to be a lot of fun to continue to watch these kids grow up over the next few years. 

So, that pretty much sums up the weekend. It was a good mixture of being on the run and laziness, just as it should be. 

No comments: