Friday, May 1, 2009

The Neti Pot



Earlier this week, when I was at my weekly American Idol gathering I was asked about my recent Neti Pot experience. You see last week, when I wasn’t feeling so swell, I stopped in at a drug store and bought the infamous Neti Pot upon my friend Erika’s recommendation. Erika has been recommending the Neti Pot for some time now, but I never had a need to go out and get one until last week when my sinuses were completely stopped up and I was willing to try anything to be able to breathe through my nose again.

For those of you unfamiliar with the Neti Pot, it literarily looks like a small teapot. It’s blue in color and when you purchase it, it comes with 50 saline packets, which you mix with hot water. You then put the spout of the pot in one nostril while tilting your head. The saline goes in your nose and drips out of the other nostril. I know this sounds extremely bizarre, but this process works better than anything I have ever come across in regards to sinus problems. I used the Neti Pot twice a day per the recommendations on the box and am now breathing through my nose with no problems.



My friend Amy also loves the Neti Pot and told us last night that a gnat once came out of her nose. Thank goodness no bugs have come out of my sinuses, at least not yet. And, you know what else? Apparently Dr. Oz recommends the Net Pot – so it also has the Oprah stamp of approval. What more could you ask for? I definitely give the Neti Pot two thumbs up. It is a strange process and people may think you are crazy, but it works!! Go get one today!








1 comment:

Candy said...

Thank you so much for the detailed blog. I am so going to get me one of these little pots! I'll let you know how much I enjoy mine :)