Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Star Trek: A Review

Let me preface this review by saying, I am not a trekky (I don’t even know if that’s the correct spelling), in fact, I really didn’t like Star Trek at all when I was a kid. AND, I can’t do the Vulcan Spock sign thing. Tony can, but not me. My pinky and ring finger are like two positive magnets and will not stay together no matter how hard I try. Having said all of that nonsense let me say that Star Trek is a really good movie.

Even if you don’t know the first thing about Star Trek, there is a lot to enjoy in this film; that is if you like a good action flick. There was a ton of action, grip your seat type action. It was also interesting to see a glimpse of both Kirk and Spock as children. Scotty, played by Simon Pegg, provided comic relief and Eric Bana as Captain Nero was downright creepy. The storyline was also good, not overdone or underdeveloped and wasn’t hard to follow. I was afraid with all the Star Trek jargon that I wouldn’t be able to follow along, but I was able to keep up without any problem.

Bottom line – go see this one in the theater, a DVD rental won’t do it justice. The action played out really well on the big screen and the CGI was not overdone in my opinion. I’m looking forward to the next one. Live long and prosper.

Tony's take: pretty good

No comments: