Wednesday, June 10, 2009

The Hangover: A Review


So, after yesterday’s post I found that I have more than one reader. Hi, Mary! It’s nice to know there are loyal readers out there. I’ll try to do better in giving those gals more things to read about. Today, I give you a movie review of “The Hangover”

So, “The Hangover” is your typical bachelor party guy movie with all the antics and then some. But, it seriously is laugh out loud funny. This movie stars the oh so cute Bradley Cooper, who I have loved since his days on Alias, that funny guy from “National Treasure”, Justin Bartha, and some other funny guys, the funniest of whom is Zach Galifianakis. For the purpose of this review he will hereby be known as Zach because I don’t want to type out that last name of his more than once. Zach made this film. He had perfect line delivery and his character was so off the wall, it was ridiculous! I laughed so hard at one of his scenes I thought I was going to pee myself – this is not an exaggeration.

The story is that Justin Bartha’s character is getting married and he and his friends head to Vegas for the bachelor party. Now, the first problem with this is that what guy in their right mind is going to Vegas for a bachelor party two days before his wedding; but, hey, this is the movies and it’s all going to turn out okay in the end. So, these guys head to Vegas and long story short, they can’t remember what happened the night before and they have also lost the groom. The remainder of the movie is spent searching for clues that will help this crazy crew find the groom and get him back to California in time for his nuptials.

The major problem I had with this movie is that I was not able to relate to it. I understand that a few things can go wrong in one night, but not as many as happens to these clowns. I had the same feeling in “Superbad.” It was so frustrating for me because these characters had to overcome so many outrageous obstacles to get to achieve their goal. I might be the only person that gets frustrated in movies like this, I don’t know. I do know that Tony didn’t feel this way.

Bottom line: it was a good movie; very funny. Well worth watching, and everything turns out okay in the end – hey, it’s the movies! However, be prepared for a bit of crudeness, especially during the still photos at the end. Whoa!

Tony's take: pretty good


Until next time…

1 comment:

Mary said...

Thanks for the shout out! Hope all is well with you!