Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Pecan Trees


A week or so ago, I was pulling weeds out of the flower beds in the front of my house. As I pulled, I would just toss the weeds into the yard because I was going to mow the yard and planned to run over them with the mower. A few of the weeds seemed to be especially hard to pull u, but I didn’t pay much attention to them. Then, I took a closer look, only to discover that they were actually pecan tree saplings. How exciting! If you read the post from a few months ago about the pecans I was picking out of my yard, then you will know that my neighbors had a pecan tree that was very fruitful this year. Apparently a few of the pecans found their way into the flower beds and started sprouting. I pulled up five trees, and replanted three of them in pots. I hope that they will continue to grow and as they get bigger I will move them to bigger pots and then eventually plant them somewhere permanently.

No comments: