Tuesday, June 9, 2009

My Rant for the Week

I know I have really let my one reader, Candy, down by not having updated the Chronicles of Nat lately and I’m sorry. My life hasn’t been too exciting lately. But, I did see two movies this past weekend and I will try my best to get a review up soon.

As for today, I would like to rant for a little while, if you don’t mind, Candy. This past Saturday I attended the wedding of a couple from church. These two lovebirds did not send invitations to the entire church (insert big gasp here!), but instead, selected a certain number of people with whom they wanted to share their special day. I think most of the people who read this web site were invited. Since Saturday, I have heard numerous complaints from old women at church about how they weren’t invited. Well, you know what, old ladies? Should I be lucky enough to have a wedding one day, you probably won’t be invited to mine either! So, get over it!

Saturday was Ashley’s day and it was Charlie’s day, it was not YOUR day and if they wanted to invite the 10 most wanted men in America and not you, so be it. You need to suck it up and get over it! I honestly don’t know why people get their panties in a wad when they are not invited to things. It really irks me. You’d think the world was coming to an end because so and so didn’t get invited to a wedding.

Well, that’s really all I have to say today. It has just really been bothering me that people have been complaining because they didn’t get an invitation. It just really got under my skin that these people were offended. Just because people are getting hitched in the church building, doesn’t mean you are entitled to be there.

Thank you for reading and good night!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love reading the Chronicles of Nat, too. So, you must have 2 readers.

Mary

Anonymous said...

Ha! This made me laugh out loud because I've heard it too! Thank you so much for updating. I thought I might have a melt down.

-Candy