Friday, March 25, 2011

Here We Go Again?

Last Friday I wrote a post about an impromptu concert that took place next door on the previous Friday afternoon. If you read it, then you may recall that I didn’t enjoy the show.

This morning, I got up as I always do about 5:40. I went to let The Tide out and when I did, I noticed a van parked next door. I tried to get a closer look to see if there were other vans parked there, but couldn’t get a good look. I let The Tide back in and began my morning routine.

As I was leaving for work, I noticed that the van had a trailer attached and the trailer was covered in bumper stickers, and the license plates were from out of town. I have no doubt that, while this isn’t the same band that interrupted nap time, it is indeed another band staying at the home of my next door neighbor.

As I mentioned before, my neighbor works at Lowe Mill where they often have live music, which I’m sure is a fun job. What I don’t understand is why all these bands are shacking up at her house. I’ve got to tell you if working at Lowe Mill and booking bands means that you have to provide a place for the band to sleep, then that is not a job I would want to have. It’s really curious to me – maybe she is good friends with all these people, who knows? What I do know is that I wouldn’t want a house full of stinky band members staying at my house. Let’s just hope these guys keep their musical instruments to themselves.

In other news – the poll for the name of the new dog ends in a few hours. This was a quick poll. My parents are supposed to go look at the new dog this evening but to be quite honest, I’m not sure my dad is ready for a new dog. I know I wouldn’t be. If The Tide were to go on to dog heaven, I would need a while to mourn her loss before getting a new dog. Everyone is different I guess. So, maybe they will have a new dog by the weekend and maybe they won’t.

Have a great weekend, ya’ll!

1 comment:

Erika said...

I hope the band doesn't crank up tonight; that would really get on my nerves!
Maybe once your dad sees that sweet little puppy, he'll be okay with a new doggie.