Wednesday, March 2, 2011

I'm Brimming Over With A Lot of Nothing

I’ve been racking my brain all morning trying to think of some spectacular thing to write about and have come up with all of nothing. I have a post or two up my sleeve, I’ve left my notes at home that I need for one of them and I don’t have the umph I need to write the other one. Som they will both have to wait.

In the meantime, you get a third day in a row of a blog post about what’s going on in the world of Nat. Sometimes even I don’t know how it is I can write as much as I do about nothing in particular. It takes talent, I’ll tell ya.

I thought today I would ramble on about all my plans for the rest of the week. This has been a busy week for me. I haven’t made it to the gym once this week and it looks like the only day I will be able to venture over to the gym is Friday morning. I’m taking Friday off (so don’t expect a post) and plan to spend the day doing my normal Saturday chores – cleaning house, laundry, etc. because on Saturday, my dad and I are heading down to Birmingham for a full day of high school basketball watching.

Friday night, Jackie and I are headed to Huntsville High to see the Panther Theater production of The Wedding Singer. I am so looking forward to this. HHS puts on great shows and The Wedding Singer cracks me up so I’m expecting the evening to be full of laughter.

As for tomorrow night, well, the circus is in town. If you know very much about me, then you probably know that I love the circus, a trait I inherited from my father. My parents, Erika and I will be heading down to the VBC to check out all the animals, theatrical acts and motorcycle tricks that Ringling Brothers and Barnum and Bailey Circus has to offer. I really have a hard time conveying how much I love the circus. It is one of my fondest memories from childhood and I guess that’s one of the reasons I love it so much. Yesterday morning as I was driving in to work on the I-565 overpass, I noticed that below me the traffic was at a standstill and then I saw why. The circus train was stopped on the railroad tracks blocking traffic. I was so excited I got tears in my eyes and then screamed at the top of my lungs to no one in particular, “THE CIRCUS IS HERE!” There’s no need to leave a comment telling me how odd I am, it’s a fact I came to terms with long ago.

Tonight begins the Spring Quarter at church and we are having a meal before Bible class of stuffed baked potatoes. I’m looking forward to not having to worry about cooking dinner tonight. I’m sure the food will be great and the company even better. Someone made the comment to me yesterday that our church sure does love to eat. I said, well, what’s the point in getting together if you’re not going to have a meal? Church folks can cook, which may be why RR ran thru the potluck line as fast as she did this past Sunday.

I suppose that’s about it for today. My train of thought was interrupted by a conference call and then lunch and now I’m on the phone with Boden customer service because they dispatched my exchanged item to my parents’ house instead of mine and I’m wondering why in the heck they did that since my parents’ house wasn’t on my original order. Attention to detail is vital for success in life people – you heard it hear first. Oh, and mother, please be sure and look out for a package from Boden heading your way. I’m off to hold the line while customer service tries to figure out their mistake. Have a great Wednesday!

4 comments:

Erika said...

I didn't know the spring quarter started tonight....I might come; I've kind of been wanting to find a Wed. class I like. Any suggestions?
Can't wait til tomorrow and the circus!!!! I have my $20 saved for my circus snacks :)

Alison said...

When I used to work for the Chamber of Commerce, we would always go outside to see the animals walking up the street from the train to the VBC. It was so exciting and cool!

Kimberly Washer said...

I have never been to the B&B circus!! Isn't that soooo sad!! I will have to be sure to go sometime SOON!!! Have fun this week!!

Candy said...

"I was so excited I got tears in my eyes and then screamed at the top of my lungs to no one in particular, “THE CIRCUS IS HERE!”

This comment made me giggle out loud. I giggled so loudly that Silas heard me and came up asking "Mommy, what you laughing at?" I told him the circus was coming to town and that Natasha was very excited :)