Saturday, July 16, 2011

Saturday Movie Review: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part Two







So, as mentioned, Jackie and I went to see Harry Potter on Friday night and it was glorious. We had both been looking forward to this movie for quite some time and were so excited that the day had finally arrived. There was no way I was going to leave town without seeing this movie first. I had to stand up my normal Harry Potter movie date, Nicolas, but now that he is 16, he didn’t really care. Teenagers.
We got to the theater about 30 minutes before movie time and the theater was already quite crowded but we luckily found a good seat midway up and after taking separate trips to the concession stand, settled in for the two hour adventure.
Obviously if you have read the book then you know how the story goes. I won’t be sharing much plot or story line here. There were, of course, some differences between the book and the movie but what else is new. I shamefully admit it’s been a long time since the last time I read Deathly Hallows and so I couldn’t tell you what they all were. The short of it is that it was a wonderful movie despite those discrepancies.
There was lots of action this time and MANY times both Jackie and I would exhale deeply because we had been holding our breath – it made us laugh. This one will make your heart race and if you have been a Harry fan for any amount of time, you might cry as well. I started crying when Professor McGonagall started enchanting the castle and Jackie teared up there.  We both cried at other parts as well. What can we say except that we love us some Harry!
As I suspected, the audience clapped in different parts of the movie and at the end, which as I’ve mentioned before gets on my nerves like nobody’s business but for some reason it didn’t bother me this time around. I wanted to clap too, but refrained because well, that’s just not me.
I give this movie a definite A plus. If you plan to take small children, be wary. There is a lot of darkness and even some bloody scenes in this movie.  At one point when Nagini attacked Snape, a woman behind us yelled, “Hey!” That made us laugh too.  I’m sad to see the end of the Harry Potter era. Harry got me through my 20s so he’s very special to me. Go see this one, you won’t regret it. In fact, I will probably go again but for now, I’m off to catch a plane. Bon Vaoyage!

3 comments:

Alison said...

I'm not going to read this yet! I haven't seen the movie and I'm avoiding all mention of it. That's really hard to do, by the way. :D I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Jackie said...

It was awesome! I am going to see it again tonight!

Erika said...

I can't wait to see it!