Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Here We Go Again

It's once again time for me and my dad to hit the road on vacation, only this year we're letting my brother come along too. We're headed to Hawaii and provided I'm not too exhausted at the end of each day, I hope to keep you posted on all of our activities, or at least mine as we are doing a few things separately.

I dropped The Pip off at the vet's office where she will be staying while we are gone. I'm paying a little extra for her to have one-on-one time with someone every other day. Admittedly, I got a little teary-eyed when I was thinking about dropping her off, but she was happy as a lark and didn't even look back. It's also been nice to have an evening without her so I can get some packing done and some things straightened up around the house.

As always, Jeff will be keeping an eye on things at the house and also my sweet friend Pat and her husband Dave will be checking in on things for me as well. I've got my fingers crossed that Dave will mow the grass for me before I get home but I'm doubtful that will happen. I am certain, however, that the grass will need mowing by the time I get home because it's already starting to grow and I can only imagine how dreadful it will be upon my return.

It's doubtful I will write tomorrow. We don't land in Honolulu until 9:00 p.m. local time which is, I think, midnight at home. We will spend 17 hours of our day traveling. Here's to hoping the travel time will be worth it.

In the meantime, I would ask that you remember us in your prayers for safe travel, good attitudes, and a fun time. Aloha!

A picture of The Pip, just because

2 comments:

Jackie said...

You are going to have a blast!!! So jealous!

Erika said...

Have fun! Can't wait to hear about all your adventures!