Monday, March 10, 2014

Saturday, A Shower, and Shrek

Saturday was another busy day for me. I was supposed to start the day with a hike on Wade Mountain with co-workers as part of our health program for reduced insurance rates. The hike was slated for 9:00 a.m. and honestly, I had been looking forward to it. The weather was supposed to be nice and I was ready to enjoy some fresh air and sunshine. However, because of how busy the rest of my day was going to be and the fact that I wanted to finish the laundry and have a clean house, I ended up skipping the hike and stayed home to do chores instead.

My cousin Brittany is pregnant with her second child (she is the mother of the infamous Sydney) and she was having a baby shower on Saturday afternoon. I was originally supposed to pick up my grandmother and take her to the shower, but my aunt Sandra was in town and so she drove my grandmother. The shower began with some baby shower games and ended with Brittany opening her gifts. She got a lot of nice things and her new baby is sure to be blessed with lots of cute outfits.

After the shower, I went home for about an hour or so to let Pip run around before heading out again. I stopped by Target to pick up Catching Fire which had just been released on Blu-Ray and then I met Jackie and the kids at Mellow Mushroom. After we ate, we went over to Grissom to see Shrek the Musical. I had bought two tickets the day they went on sale and then Jackie asked about going and so she bought two tickets as well. She and Ashlyn sat together and Troy and I sat together.

When Troy and I went to our seats, there was someone sitting in them. Long story short, I had ordered tickets for Saturday, but it seems I was mailed tickets for Friday and apparently they had the same problem on Friday night. Thankfully they had a couple of seats close to the front on the left-hand side and Troy and I sat there. It wasn't the middle like I had planned, but we were still able to see the stage very well and that is what was most important. We all really enjoyed the show and I really don't think I've ever seen Troy so fired up about something. He was whooping and hollering and clapping at the end of the show and it gave me a chuckle.

We got out of the show around 10:30 and I got home and in bed by 11:30 which was really 12:30 a.m. thanks to the time change. It was another fun day and night on what was a really great weekend. Shrek the Musical is going on next weekend as well. Check it out if you get a chance!

1 comment:

Jackie said...

Glad you 2 had fun sitting together. The play was pretty dang good if I do say so myself.