Thursday, August 28, 2014

Book Review: Spiritual Renewal Study Bible



I’ve been given the opportunity to review the Spiritual Renewal Study Bible for you all today. I reserved this book through my affiliation with Booklook Bloggers. If you’ve read this blog for any amount of time, then you know I am a sucker for a new Bible. I like different types of Bibles and the various footnotes and devotionals they have to offer and so I was very excited to receive this Bible and review it for you all.

This Bible is probably one of my favorites of all the ones I’ve reviewed (and I realize I probably say that every time). It comes in hardback form with a lovely book sleeve. The book itself is plain brown with “Holy Bible” written across the front should you want a “low key” look, if you will.

The notes in this Bible are written by Stephen Arterburn and David Stoop. Each book has a one-two page introduction which gives a brief synopsis of the book, an outline of the book, and a section of essential facts such as who wrote the book (if known), the approximate dates the book was written and who the audience is. This section also points out key verses and special features like the type of literary form used.

Within each of the books are various sections that help the reader further their knowledge and help their study. There is a profile of some of the main characters within the book which gives a summary of the person’s life as well as strengths and accomplishments. There are also “key” sections which highlight a section of verses and provide insight and thoughts about those particular verses.

There are also sections titled, “The Spiritual Disciplines” which highlight various aspects of Christianity such as fasting, prayer, and service. There are also footnotes for many of the verses which are very helpful when diving into the scriptures and trying to understand more about the word of God. The words of Christ are in red, which is also a plus as far as I’m concerned.


If you are looking for a new study Bible for yourself or someone you know, I would definitely recommend the Spiritual Renewal Study Bible. It retails for around $30 on Amazon  but the Kindle version is only $4.99! It is also available at Barnes and Noble and would make a great addition to anyone’s Biblical collection. 







1 comment:

Unknown said...

Please give your reviews on Ignatius Catholic Study Bible. I have bought this book recently but haven't read it yet. I'm looking for some motivation first. :)

Best Regads,
Brano Willis