Sunday, September 13, 2015

Guest Post: Review of PW Dishes By Erika

I have a special post for you today! My sweet friend Erika wrote a post reviewing her recent purchases of The Pioneer Woman's new glassware. Erika knows I've been super busy with school and work and offered to write this guest post and she did a fantastic job! I may or may not have bought some PW things for myself so I may or may not follow up with another review later on. Big thanks to Erika for taking the time to write this. I hope you all enjoy it!

Hello friends!  It’s Erika here today – thanks to Natasha for letting me be a guest. 

Natasha and I have been fans of The Pioneer Woman - (PW) (Ree Drummond) for a long time.   Although, if being perfectly honest, I think our intrigue has waned a little bit over the last couple of years.  Nonetheless, the lady knows how to cook! 

Anywho, I was VERY excited when PW announced that she was introducing a line of kitchenware.  I am a sucker for pretty dishes and glassware, and couldn’t wait for the items to be released.  Luckily her items became available in early September, and available at none other than Walmart!!!!  

Normally I am not a fan of Walmart, but I thought the prices would be pretty reasonable, and I was right.   All of the pieces are very affordable.  I placed my order online -  because really – who wants to go to Walmart when it can be shipped straight to your door?   The only thing better would be if it had been offered via Amazon Prime.

I received my items yesterday, and I am so thrilled!    I only ordered some of the Adeline glassware pieces; I have a very extensive collection of Fiestaware, so the ceramic ware didn’t interest me quite as much.

Overall I am very impressed by the quality, look and price point of the items I received.  They are manufactured by Gibson Overseas, and Gibson has been producing good quality products for a long time.   My only quam???  She’s “The Pioneer Woman”, right?  She’s the wife of the All American cattle rancher….. BUT, her products are made overseas???  I get it – I’m sure it was waaaay cheaper, but I am a little disappointed that these products aren’t manufactured in our country.  The sad thing – it won’t stop me from keeping them – and I’m sure it won’t phase many others as well.  But that’s a discussion for another time.

On with the show!!

First up, we have my favorite of what I ordered – The Adeline Sundae Cups.   If you know me at all, you know I LOVE stemmed glassware!  These are adorable, and look very vintage – something else I love.   I cannot wait to fill these up with goodies like brownies topped with ice cream, warm cobbler, or even as serving dishes for nuts, mints, etc. at a shower. 



Next up, my second favorite piece – the Adeline Pitcher.   It’s the perfect size for a half gallon of tea, and it is going to show off my homemade lemonade just beautifully!!     These pieces remind me of depression glass and things my grandmother had in her home.  So nostalgic!



The last item I ordered was a set of the Adeline bowls.  They are really super cute as well, and will work very well as vegetable bowls I think.  I can also picture them filled with pea salad, chicken salad and other girlie foods.  I may or may not keep them – I’m just so smitten with the sundae bowls and those little glass feet! 



I checked each piece to make sure everything was smooth, and I didn’t find any chips, nicks, dings, etc.  So that made me very happy.  At such a low price point, I was expecting to find a couple of flaws, but so glad that wasn’t the case.

Also – kudos to Walmart for the excellent packaging!  It makes me so mad when companies don’t take the time to package things properly for shipping, but these pieces were snug as a bug in a rug in their little Styrofoam containers. 

I can’t speak to the quality of the measuring bowls, plates, etc., but the images online remind me of something you’d find in Anthropologie.  So check them out if you are interested.   

Have you bought any of the PW pieces? What do you think?  Yay or Nay? 

PS – Please excuse my poor photography and lack of Pinterest worthy photos 




3 comments:

Candy said...

Great job, Erika! I enjoyed your detailed post on the dishes. I'm not a dish person but it was still fun to read :)

Erika said...

Thanks Candy :)

Natasha - Can't wait to see what you chose! I going to guess the batter bowl...

I'm also going to have to order the stemmed Adeline glasses :)

Erika pw said...

Hmm i miss u