Monday, November 23, 2009

The Blind Side: A Review





This past Saturday, Tony and I saw “The Blind Side,” and it was AWESOME! I have been looking forward to this movie coming out ever since I first heard about it. So, it was at the top of my list this weekend.


We had heard that it had sold out on Friday; so, I went early Saturday morning and got our tickets for the 7:25 p.m. showing. We arrived at 7:00, and the theater was already packed! We were lucky enough to find a seat in the middle section a few rows up, which is where we would normally sit. Our showing was sold out so needless to say, the place was crowded.

If you’ve been living under a rock and don’t know what this movie is about, then let me briefly fill you in. The movie is based on the book, “The Blind Side: Evolution of a Game,” by Michael Lewis. The book (and film) is about the life of Michael Oher, current right tackle for the Baltimore Ravens. Oher was taken away from his drug-addicted mother and became a ward of the state. He ended up at a private school in Memphis.

By an extraordinary set of circumstances, Oher was taken in by the Tuohy family, who eventually became his legal guardians.

I won’t go into any more detail here, but this movie is really heart-warming and touching – bring a tissue with you if you go! I started crying (I think) in the opening scene and cried on and off throughout the whole movie. That’s not to say it’s depressing, because it’s not; it is an amazing story about love. If more people in this world were like the Tuohy family, the world would be a much better place in which to live.

This is one that you don’t want to miss. Go see it!

Tony's take: pretty good





1 comment:

Mary McLaughlin said...

Thanks for the review! I can't wait to see this movie Tuesday night.

Hope you and your family have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Mary