Wednesday, November 11, 2009

It's Fall - Enjoy It!






Fall is in full swing –hard to believe, isn’t it? It seems like it just started a couple of weeks ago. I had been waiting for the leaves to change and then when I woke from my influenza induced coma, I realized that they had changed while I was sick and many of the leaves have already fallen. I missed some of the prettier colors this year. I had planned to take my camera and capture some of the leaves this year, but never got an opportunity.


Thanksgiving is just two weeks away – are you ready? My dad and I have got to start planning. We have made a few plans, but only scratched the surface. We still have quite a bit to do before Turkey Day arrives.

One of the many things I love most about this time of year is that the grocery stores have so many great deals on baking items. I usually have one Crisco that I’m using and one as a back up. I was at Wal-Mart this week, and it was on sale for $2.00 and I had a coupon for 55 cents off so I went ahead and got another one. I couldn’t pass up that offer. They also had a great deal on Campbell’s cooking soups – normally $1.68, they were only 58 cents!! Holy moly – I had to buy four – I had a coupon for those too! Be sure and check out your local grocer for the great deals they have in store for this baking season. I sometimes wish that baking season lasted all year long, but then it wouldn’t be as special I guess.

Speaking of specials, I’m including the link to three great blogs below. These blogs are all about money saving tips and coupons and I visit them daily! I have been made aware of so many great offers thanks to these blogs and I know they have helped me save a lot of money. They also offer giveaways from time-to-time and I’ve won a couple of these, which is always nice.

And, speaking of giveaways, be sure and check in with The Chronicles of Nat throughout December. I’ve got some giveaways of my own planned.

Hope everyone has a really great day!






1 comment:

Melissa said...

thanks for the links. You should also check out southernsavers.com They pair up sales at southern grocery store chains with manufacturer coupons to maximize the deals.