Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Ladies Night Out Finale





As mentioned previously on this blog, we have a Ladies Night Out with the gals from church once a month. Every year our season finale, if you will, is at Mrs. Irma’s house. Mrs. Irma was my mom’s PE teacher at Madison Academy and she was my teacher at church when I was a young girl and often teaches the ladies’ class I attended before we moved to our temporary church location. She’s an awesome gal and I’m thankful to know her.

Mrs. Irma decorates for Christmas with a vengeance! There’s not a nook or cranny in her house that doesn’t have something Christmas related stuck in it. And she always makes sure the house is decorated before we come over for our final Ladies Night Out of the year.

This is the time when we have our annual Christmas ornament exchange. We play dirty Santa and sometimes it can be quite hilarious, especially when people start fighting over various ornaments. For example, Myrtle loves snowmen and if she sees one she wants she goes for blood!

Every year we have a great time and it’s a nice way to end the activity. We don’t meet in December since everyone is so busy and it gives me a break from coming up with activities to do.

This year we had 23 people attend. Good thing there weren’t many more than that, because I only made 24 numbers for the dirty Santa game. Here are some photos from the night:





Dena and Janet L. pose for the camera while Marilyn is talking to csomeone out of view.
We have a lot of Janets and Janices in our group.




Pam, Cindy, Peggy and Ruth




Dessert - the most important part of the evening!




Our menu this night was Mexican Fiesta and it was delicious!




Mrs. Irma was blessed with many gifts from the ladies.




Here I'm giving the group instruction - they are paying attention so well in this photo!




The wrapped ornaments




After Erika bragged about how she was going to play dirty and steal a gift, she ended up opening one from the pile. She opened this large jewel and said she was going to take it to the jewelers to have it set.




But then it was stolen and she ended up with this beauty.





Mrs. Irma ended up with this snowman. Snowmen were a popular choice for folks this year.




This is the one I ended up with; it's also the one I brought. I didn't wrap it very pretty, and I have found when you don't wrap well, people tend not to pick your gift to open. I guess they are judging the book by its cover because I happened to like what was inside.




Myrtle was the last one to go and she didn't even steal this year! I was so disappointed in her! But she picked the last gift from the pile and guess what? It was a snowman! She was happy with it.


1 comment:

PartyWeDo said...

That Dirty Santa game is a lot of fun!
We do an online version of the party with our family.. It is called AlbinoPhant (white elephant party).
This way all the old friends and family can join the fun, even when they live a long way from home.