Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Halloween 2009!

This past Saturday was Halloween, in case you didn’t know. Jackie was sans kids and I was sans Tony, so she came over and I cooked Chicken Parmesan while we waited for the trick-or-treaters to come. I love trick-or-treaters! I love trick-or-treating! I had 13 trick-or-treaters this year; that’s about normal for me. Kids just don’t seem to trick-or-treat in the mass numbers they did when I was a kid. I don’t get it. I was happy for the 13 kids I did have and the folks at work are happy to have my leftover candy.


The funniest thing about the night was that three of my pumpkins got stolen. I had bought two large carving pumpkins and two pie pumpkins and they have been sitting on my porch since the first of October. I carved one of the pumpkins (one of my favorite Halloween activities) and let the others on the porch untouched. In all my 32 years on this earth, I have never had a pumpkin stolen; at least, not that I’m aware of. When I was a young child, we may have had a pumpkin stolen but I don’t remember it. After we ate dinner, Jackie noticed that “Scream” was coming on TV. I think by now you all probably know that Jackie loves the scary stuff and I hate it. But, since I had seen “Scream” before I decided it would be okay to watch. Well, it was apparently while we were watching this movie, oblivious to the world around us, that these three pumpkins were stolen. They thieves were kind enough to leave my carved pumpkin on the porch. I just think it is hilarious that we were sitting right there with the door wide open while these folks came up and took the pumpkins right off my porch. We were obviously engrossed in the movie.

Here are some photos of Halloween night:





My witch pumpkin





Same pumpkin





Last one





A couple of trick-or-treaters




Two more trick-or-treaters




Here I am with a couple of high school trick-or-treaters.
For some reason this photo cracks me up.
Hope it gives you a good laugh too!