Monday, August 23, 2010

We're Opening The Doors - For Real!

It’s a very exciting time at the church I attend. As you may know, our new church building has been under construction for the last nine months or so and we are finally ready to move in! If you are new to this site, you can read about the progress here, here and here. We’ve had a couple of evening services in the fellowship hall/worship area which was ready a couple or three months ago, but now the classroom and office wing is also open and we will have our first full day of worship at our new facility this Sunday!

Last night we had a member orientation so that everyone would know where their classrooms are and be able to help visitors find their way around and afterwards we had a singing service. I spent a few hours at the building on Saturday decorating my classroom and helping get things ready for last night. Here are some photos of the new building:


This is the toddler nursery - the beds are to the right


This is the cradle roll classroom for babies


The baby nursery


This is my classroom, the toddler classroom
for 18 month - 3 year olds


I love this - it's a bathroom between the older toddler
and Pre-K/K class.
The toilet is teeny and so cute I think.
It seems I've been feturing a lot of toilets lately.


The hospitality room


The foyer


This room will be where I spend my Sunday morning Bible class time - the Ladies' Class.
Most all the adult classrooms look like this.


This is unfinished space upstairs which will eventually become more classrooms.


In keeping with the found packs of cigarettes from the previous church building posts,
this sign is posted by the door in the unfinished space.
I'd better not find any cigarette boxes lying around now.


One of the upstairs children's classrooms.
This one is for 3rd and 4th grade.


The youth room


More of the youth room - I assume a fridge is going in to the right


The resource room - in need of resources - they obviously haven't been moved yet.


The library - the books haven't been moved either


The elevator


There are two of these flower arrnagements on the stage -
the arrangement was made by my cousin, Jan, didn't she do a lovely job?


Check this out - this large TV is hidden behind
the communion table. It shows what is on the screen
behind the pulpit so that whoever is on stage will know where
they are in a song, sermon, etc.


This is the flooring between the two buildings.


Last, but not least, the elder's conference room

We are so blessed to have this new facility. I wasn’t sure how I would like it because I am quite sentimental and sometimes unsure about change, but after watching this building go up and seeing it through various phases of construction and now seeing how beautiful it looks, I am very excited and looking forward to worshipping here. As I mentioned, our first service is this Sunday, August 29th. If you live in the Huntsville area, come by for a visit, we would love to have you. The address is 1640 Winchester Road. Worship starts at 9:00 a.m. on Sunday with Bible class to follow at 10:15 and Sunday evening we will meet at 5:00 p.m. Here’s a link to the web site which has directions and additional information.
Hope you can join us!

1 comment:

Erika said...

Lovely! I'm glad you're happy with the new home. Jan did a great job on the floral arrangements; I'm thinking she must have done the ones for Lincoln, too. They look fabulous. Looking forward to visiting sometime (although it will have to be evening!).