Thursday, June 10, 2010

The Doors Are Open - Kind Of

As I’ve mentioned on this blog in the past, the church I attend is in the process of building a new building. (I think it’s weird to say building a building, but anyway…) I wrote about the progress here and here. This past Sunday evening, we held our first worship service in the new facility. I can hardly believe that the building has come so far so fast! It seems like it was just yesterday that we moved out of our old location and started worshipping at our temporary home.

Although the building is not completely done, the fellowship hall/auditorium/worship center/whatever-you-want-to-call it is complete and looks really great. My friends Lisa and Candy and all the other ladies on the decorating committee did an excellent job picking out the colors.

Until the classrooms and offices are finished, we will remain at our temporary location and then permanently move into the new facility in August or September. In the meantime, we plan to have a few worship services and church activities there. The next one is scheduled for July 4! If you live in the area, we’d love to have you. The building is located on Winchester Road and we are now known as Chase Park Church of Christ. I think we are having a cookout and fireworks that night too so it should be a lot of fun. Having the new building is really exciting; a lot more exciting than I thought it would be actually. I am looking forward to the classrooms being completed so we can take full advantage of our new home.

Here are some photos from the first worship and fellowship - unfortunately no empty cigarette packs were lying around this time:




Tony with his fake smile


Folks talking and fellowshipping after service


The stage - still a work in progress


The soundroom - where the magic happens - ok, not really.


Doesn't Tony look thrilled to be having his photo taken by my outstretched hand?




People eating after service

No comments: