When I was a kid I always heard adults talking about how time flies and I would always think to myself – they are crazy time goes by slow. I’m sure you were probably the same way. The older I get the faster the years seem to pass by. It makes me wonder if today’s children felt the way I did when I was a child or do they also think that time passes quickly.
September is one of my favorite months of the year and here are some reasons why:
• College football season always starts in September
• September means that there will most certainly be a change in the weather – from blistering hot days to cool mornings and afternoons. I can actually tolerate sitting on the front porch again.
• The latter part of September brings with it my most favorite time of the year – Fall
• Leaves start changing color in September
• The “days get shorter” – I realize a lot of people don’t like this fact, but to me there’s something comforting about nighttime coming earlier.
• A lot of people I know have birthdays in September –at least eight that I can think of off the top of my head.
• The new television season starts in September which means back to regularly scheduled programming and not having to search and search for something to watch and of course if there’s nothing to watch, there’s usually a football game on – did I mention I love football?
• Labor Day comes in September which means a day off of work – can’t beat that!
• September means Big Spring Jam in Huntsville – although not this year because of construction around the park but Huntsvillians often associate September with Big Spring Jam
I’m sure there are a lot of other things I could think of about why I like the month of September, but these will suffice for now. How about you? What do you like about September?