Thursday, September 9, 2010

What Goes Around Comes Around

Just one week ago, I wrote this post about Charlie and how he had left his sprinkler on, which led me to call 911 only to later discover, with the help of my father, that Charlie was alive and well.

Last night around 5:30, I turned on the hose pipe to water the flowers in the newest of the flower beds at my house. I watered each of the shrubs and then left the hose pipe on to continue watering while I ate dinner. My intention was to turn it off as I was leaving for church around 6:00.

Obviously, I forgot.

When I got home a little before 8:00 I went to let The Tide out and realized that the hose had been on the whole time. I went to shut it off and then checked the flower bed and needless to say, there was a lot of water along the side of my house. I don’t know if Charlie noticed it or not, I’m guessing not. Wonder if he would have called 911 if he had noticed? Hmmm…

In the meantime, I wonder what the water portion of my utility bill will look like this month. I may have to make a phone call to my friend Allison’s husband who works for the water department. Allison – I won’t mix toddlers and infants if Mark can help me out with this. (Inside joke for those of you wondering what that’s all about).

2 comments:

Alison said...

You better not, girlie! :) They are going to read your water tomorrow. You should get your bill early next week. Are you watering? Yeesh, I just plant 'em and hope for the best. Survival of the fittest, I say. Of course, most of my grass is brown...hmmmm...

Erika said...

Oops! I really don't think it will affect your water bill that much. Hopefully not!
Your plants should look good! haha