Friday, February 4, 2011

Thank Goodness - It's Friday!

Well folks, after five and a half hours of sheer torture, I survived the audit! It felt like I was on trial for doing my job. My college roommate, Melissa, is an auditor for her company and I think I will say a special prayer for her tonight because let’s face it, auditors are the least liked people in the company and I know I don’t enjoy sitting in a room with an auditor for hours on end being asked the same questions over and over and over again as if I were responsible for the Iran-Contra affair. But, I survived, and that’s really all that matters.

The birthday celebrations have continued throughout the week. On Wednesday, I had sushi with the girls from work; last night, I had dinner with my long lost Aunt Linda (I say long lost because I haven’t seen her since last May!) and today I am having lunch with two ladies from church, Pat and Idova. Tomorrow night is the final party of the birthday week – we will have hamburgers and cookie cake at my parents’ house.

In neighborhood news, a new family has moved in to the rental house across the street and next door to Jeff. Best I can tell, the family is a husband and wife and a small child. I haven’t seen much of them, just a glimpse here and there but I’m hoping they will be good neighbors. We’ve had some real characters live in the house so Jeff and I are always nervous when someone new moves in because we never know what kind of crazy neighbor we’ll have.

Have any of you watched “Enough Already with Peter Walsh”? It’s a show that comes on OWN and is about hoarders. I know there’s another show about Hoarders on TLC or something and I haven’t watched it. I got hooked on “Enough Already” last weekend and went on a small cleaning spree. I am by no means a hoarder but every time I came across something I had not used in a while, I put it in the Goodwill bag. It’s amazing what a show about clutter will motivate you to do. The show comes on Mondays at 7:00. Check it out if you haven’t already. You will be amazed at the stuff people keep in their houses.

I guess that’s about it for today. I’m really glad it’s Friday and you probably are as well. I hope everyone has a great weekend and I’ll see you back here on Monday!

3 comments:

Erika said...

Glad you survived the audit!
Enjoy your birthday lunch today!

Melissa said...

Glad you're having a great week and that you survived your audit. Remember...us auditors are always here to help :)

Candy said...

Oh yes. The dreaded Auditors. Used to visit with them quite often when I worked in HR. Bless you!