Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Fishing...And Where I've Been

Hello readers – I’m sorry for my absence, but I have been out sick. I went to the doctor yesterday and found out I have bronchitis. I am feeling all kinds of bad and the prednisone the doctor put me on is now keeping me up at night so life isn’t really grand right now. I’m at work for now but am soon returning home due to the fact that I feel more than miserable. Before I leave, however, I wanted to update you with the weekend fishing activities.

Saturday morning I got up around 4:00 a.m. to go fishing with my dad and brother. We were supposed to meet up at my parents’ house to head out to the river. When I got there, my brother was readying the rods and reels and my dad was…sleeping. Apparently he forgot to set his alarm clock; either that or he turned it off. At any rate, our 5:00 a.m. departure time turned into almost 6:00 a.m. or maybe a little after. I’m not really sure what time we ended up leaving. Needless to say the frozen Gatorade was unfrozen by the time we got on the river.

We went to the Guntersville Dam to do our fishing. My dad had been there with a friend a couple of times earlier in the week to check out the spot and had caught 45 one day and only 15 or so the next. My dad baited my hook for me and had to cast the reel a few times before I got the hang of it. I caught a fish after about 30 minutes or so and before my dad took it off the hook, he snapped my picture.

Me and my first catch of the day.

Both my brother and dad were kind enough to bait my hook and take off the fish I caught without complaint. I caught four keepers and another four or five that had to be thrown back because they were girls or babies. I think my brother caught eight keepers, including one crappie. My dad caught about 11 or so. Overall I suppose it was a successful day. Sadly, no one took a picture of my dad's catches.

Justin and his crappie.

After a couple of hours on the water I started feeling terrible and had t be let off at the bank. My dad and brother fished another 30 minutes or an hour I really don’t know and then they picked me up and we headed home. Once I got to my house, I had a fever and felt terrible the rest of the weekend and in fact still do feel terrible, which is why I’m about to go home.

Feeling terrible on the bank

In regards to the fishing though, a good time was had by all until I started feeling bad. I really appreciate my dad and brother putting up with my girlish ways and baiting the hook and taking off the fish. Maybe the next time I will feel better and might even bait my own hook…might.

I may or may not be back with you tomorrow, it all depends on how I feel. I hope you all are experiencing good health and happiness.


Jackie said...

I wish had been able to go with y'all. Next time for sure! You might want to try and take a tylenol pm tonight and see if that helps.

Kimberly Washer said...

I'm sorry you feel bad and it had to hit during your fishing trip! Feel better soon and nice catches!!

Sara said...

I hope you are better soon!

Mary McLaughlin said...

Glad that you had fun in spite of not feeling well. Hope you start feeling better soon!

Candy said...

Poor girl! I had that 2 weeks after Rossin was born - no fun! Hope you feel better soon!