Wednesday, June 1, 2011

It Was a Great Day For The Post

My favorite part of the day is when I get home in the evenings and open up the mailbox. I guess I’m a little old fashioned in that I love snail mail. Granted, most of the time, there’s nothing but junk mail in there, but more often than not, the mailbox is full of wonderful surprises.

I sign up for as many free samples as I can find and I often forget that I’ve signed up for this one or that one and it’s always a nice surprise to open up the mailbox and find a sample of this or that inside. Sometimes there are cards from friends or family members, mostly around holidays or birthdays, and sometimes there are thank you notes for gifts given at showers or whatnot.

I’m also addicted to shopping online – mostly I just peruse the sights and don’t buy much, but lately I’ve been buying a few things for my upcoming trip and so the mailbox sometimes will contain goodies such as an eye mask for sleeping on the plane or European electrical outlet adapters (coming soon).

Yesterday, however, none of those things were in the mailbox, and it was still a great day for the post – one of the best in a while I would venture to say. I opened up the mailbox expecting to find not much of anything, but instead found a small package from Custom Getaways, the company I’ll be traveling with for le Tour and the icing on the cake was my Fiesta Bowl tickets renewal form.



The package from Custom contained our daily itinerary and a flash drive which contains all the information I ever needed for our trip. The flash drive is reusable – so, I’ve already gotten my first souvenir from my big trip. I looked over all the information and I am even more excited now than before. This is going to be such an amazing time! I just hope I meet some nice people to hang out with and I also hope I don’t freeze up when I see someone I want to meet like I did at the Harry Connick, Jr. concert.

As for the Fiesta Bowl tickets – I don’t think I ever blogged about the tickets I bought last year. I had intended to, but never got around to it. The short story is that I put my name on the waiting list and once selected from the list, I ordered Fiesta Bowl and National Championship tickets. My dad and I split the cost, sold all the tickets on eBay and split the profits – about $1,000 each. Not too shabby. So, this year, I got a ticket renewal form and today, I renewed my two tickets for the 2012 Fiesta Bowl. I doubt we will make but a small fraction of the money we made last year should we sell these tickets, but at least we’ve got them and the longer we are on the list the better our seats will be in the years to come.

So, needless to say, it was an exciting day for the post at my house. I don’t know if yesterday can be topped any time soon.

1 comment:

Erika said...

Ooooo what a good mail day you had! I also am a huge fan of snail mail! There's nothing better than coming home from a long day of work and finding a nice surprise in your mailbox.
I think your trip is going to be awesome!!!