Tuesday, May 14, 2013

California Dreamin'

Well, the time has come for mine and my dad's 2013 California getaway. We left Huntsville around 5:00 a.m. and headed for Nashville to catch our flight. After a layover in Minneapolis (yes, weird, I know), we should be landing in Los Angeles around 3:30 Pacific time, or 5:30 Central. In other words, we are in for about a 12-hour travel day.

It's been a troubling and stressful year for us and we are both really looking forward to the break from our "real" lives. I'll be updating the blog from the road as often as possible - hopefully once a day.
I will go ahead and tell you that we have tickets for the Jay Leno show this Wednesday, May 15, so you may want to tune in that evening and see if you can catch a glimpse of us in the audience (doubtful).

On Thursday, May 16, we will be attending a taping of The Ellen Show. At this time we do not know when the show will be aired - we will find out the day of the taping. Once I find out I will be sure and post it here on the blog in case you want to tune in for that episode. I'm sure she will hook us up with one or two cars while we are there, or not.

Friday we will be driving up north and I'm really not sure what is on the agenda. Over the weekend we will be at the Tour of California bike race and in fact are volunteering at one of the stages. Monday, May 20 we are attending a Giants baseball game and on Friday, May 24 we are ziplining in the Redwoods. As for the days in between, I again have no idea what's in store for us as my dad has planned out the week and we haven't really discussed it. Whatever it is, I'm sure it will be fun.

I look forward to telling you all about it and sharing a few photos along the way. In the meantime, I ask for your prayers that we will have a safe trip and that this time away will revive our weary souls.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

sounds like a fun trip! can't wait to hear the details!