Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Movie Experience and Review: Ironman 3



 Saturday after the auction I went to the 12:30 showing of Ironman 3. I had not been to the theater since January and there are quite a few movies coming out that I want to see so I figured I had better get a start on seeing one or two.

I arrived at the theater around 12:05 and after checking my email and messing around on my phone for about five minutes I decided to go on in. Well, apparently lots of people had the same idea to go see a movie on a rainy day because by the time I got to the door, the queue was outside. About the time I got to the window, an announcement was made that tickets could also be purchased at the concession stand and since I was getting popcorn I decided to go on to the counter and get my ticket and popcorn at the same time.

Of course I would pick the slowest line known to mankind and by the time I got my ticket and popcorn it was probably 12:25 and I still needed to make a pre-movie pit stop. I finally made it in to the theater and found a seat on the side in one of the rows with four seats. Thankfully I ended up with the whole row to myself so I was able to kick off my muddy boots and spread out.

The movie was incredible and I loved every minute of it. First of all, I think Robert Downey, Jr. is perfect in this role. He is absolutely hilarious and always hits his mark and this time was no exception. This movie had a ton of laughs and of course I was often the one laughing the loudest in the theater.

There was action from the beginning to the end and I found that my heart was constantly racing. I may have even gasped aloud one or nine times. All of the regulars of this franchise were back and just as wonderful as they have been previously and Guy Pearce was great as the villain in this movie. The Ironman suits were amazing in this film. Seriously, the things these movie makers come up with are just incredible.

The plot of the movie was also good. It was cheesy or hard to follow or unbelievable; well, except for the fact that the villains were basically walking fireballs. The storyline was interesting from start to finish and as always left one wondering what will happen to Tony Stark and Pepper Potts next. If you’re looking for a fun film to take in this weekend or next, definitely consider this one. I think it is a film that can be enjoyed by all members of the family. 

No comments: