Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Trunk or Treat and Fun Fest 2013

Sunday was Mayfair's annual Trunk or Treat and Family Fun Fest and it was such a fun afternoon! Jackie and I had decided a few weeks ago that we would participate in the Trunk or Treat this year instead of helping out with the games. In years past, we have always hung out with her kids, but as they have gotten older, they have also gotten more independent, which I guess is the point in growing up.

The Activities were slated to begin at 3:00 p.m. and the trunk or treat people needed to be set up around 2:45 p.m.. I pulled into the parking lot about 2:30 p.m. as did Jackie and soon we were decorating the back of my car with all manner of banner and bowls of candy and other trinkets.  

We had bought around 700 pieces of candy to hand out and the children came out en masse to pluck candy from the hands of us adults. Troy and Ashlyn headed off for fun and games while Jackie and I passed out candy. We started wondering if we might run out. There were young children and old children alike with bags in hand. A lot of people brought their dogs, including me, who brought Pippa along for the fun and games.Pippa was a big hit. She wore a devil outfit that Jackie had bought for her a while back and she was petted and loved on by tons of children and adults too. She got a lot of compliments on how sweet and pretty she was. I think she enjoyed all the attention. 

Around 4:15 p.m, we were starting to get really low on candy. Some of the ladies from church were walking around making sure everyone still had enough to hand out and so we got some pieces from them to hold us over. Troy was handing out the candy at this point and also some of the local food trucks had arrived; so, Jackie and I left Troy to man the car and candy and we headed to the food trucks to get some dinner. I had chicken tacos from On-On and they were pretty good if I do say so myself.  

After eating, Pippa and I headed home. We were both worn out from such a fun-filled afternoon. She actually fell asleep on the way home and then slept most of the evening while I watched TV and all through the night. The next morning after I let her outside, she came back in and went right to the chair to lay down. She also slept while I showered Monday morning. In other words, she was tuckered out from all the petting and loving she received. 

It was such a fun afternoon and I am looking forward to doing it again next year. Although, if we have as many kids as we did this year, I'd better start stocking up on candy now!


I didn't get a good picture of The Pip in her costume. This is the best one I have.  

 A nerd and Percy Jackson!

Big crowds! 

Greer, my cousin Lauren's little boy, or cowboy I should say. 


The decorated car

 Troy passing out candy

The tuckered out Pippa

1 comment:

Jackie said...

I love that picture of the kids and also of Pip passed out. I need to get a good camera because yours rocks.