Friday, December 6, 2013

The Heritage Ringers Holiday Concert 2013

It's been a busy week at work and socially as well and I am way behind on the blogging. Hopefully I can write up some posts over the weekend so I won't be so far behind. I started this post on Tuesday and am just now getting around to finishing and posting it. 

One of my favorite events of the holiday season is the Heritage Bell Ringers Christmas concert which takes place the first Monday of December at Trinity Methodist Church. I circled the date on my calendar this year because I missed it last year and as luck would have it, the day of the concert was also my co-worker and friend Meri's birthday. So, I treated her to a free concert - what can I say, my generosity knows no bounds. I also took her out to dinner though so I'm not a total cheapskate.
 
The concert started at 7:00 p.m. and we met for dinner at Newk's at 5:45p.m. We were enjoying visiting with each other outside of work so much that we had each eaten about half of our salad before realizing we had the other person's. I had ordered Blue Cheese dressing and Meri had ordered Ranch and when we realized the mistake, we just switched salads and went on eating.
 
We had planned on arriving at the church at 6:30 p.m. so that we would be able to get a good seat. Our co-worker Maria was meeting us there as well. We all arrived at the same time and quickly found a seat towards the front. Meri and I were close to the youngest ones there, especially considering various assisted living facilities were bringing people in by the busloads.

The three of us talked amongst ourselves prior to the start of the concert and at one point I laughed so loudly that it echoed throughout the sanctuary. The concert began a couple of minutes after 7:00 p.m. and it was a really enjoyable show. Sadly, they did not play Sleigh Bells this year which is always my favorite at this show. They did, however, play a medley of songs from Charlie Brown Christmas and those were my favorite this time around.
 

The show lasted about and hour and 15 minutes and was very enjoyable. It was attended by a nice number of people as the sanctuary was quite full. Meri, Maria and I all enjoyed it. Next year, if you live in Huntsville,  mark your calendar for the first Monday in December and enjoy the wonders of the handbell concert. It will not disappoint!






1 comment:

Erika said...

I had planned on going, but I just knew if I didn't stay home and finish decorating, I would never get it done.
Glad you enjoyed it!! I think it's nice of them to offer a free concert for the community.