Monday, December 30, 2013

This Is What I've Been Doing

Well, I'm alive, in case you were wondering. I've been on vacation from work since December 23 and I've hardly even opened my computer which makes blogging difficult. Also, Pippa makes blogging difficult, and so I've just not blogged, but I guess you a,ready knew that.

I had a nice Christmas; it was nothing over the top or exceedingly spectacular or dramatic. On Christmas Eve, my parents hosted their annual breakfast. That afternoon I baked a cake, and then that evening we upheld our annual tradition of going out and about to look at Christmas lights. Our first stop was Galaxy of Lights thanks to a pass given to me by the lady I teach with at church on Wednesday nights. We then drove around some neighborhoods and ended at the Tinsel Trail in Big Spring Park.

Christmas morning was spent opening presents with my parents and brother after which I returned home to finish up cooking. We met with all of my dad's side of the family (at my parents' house) at 3:00 and ate dinner and opened gifts and played dirty Santa and for a change, people actually stuck around for a while and visited with one another. It was like a Christmas miracle of sorts.

The rest of my time off has been spent napping, clearing out the DVR, and going to the movies. Other than that, I haven't done a whole heck of a lot. I've consumed massive amounts of buttered popcorn to the point where I think I need a break from it for a while. I did manage to hit some after Christmas sales and get some bags and wrapping paper for next year and even managed to make it to the gym; so, it hasn't all been a time of laziness. Although, I will say this break from work was much needed and I hope to feel a little rejuvenated when I return.

I don't think I ever mentioned it, but a few months ago my dad and I bought Sugar Bowl tickets; this was before any of the teams were announced. Our intent was to sell the tickets to turn a little profit; but, alas, not all investments are good ones and we have had zero luck selling our tickets, even after lowering the price and lowering the price again. So, now I'm headed down to New Orleans on Thursday to watch the Sugar Bowl live and in person. I've never been to a Sugar Bowl so I'm hoping it will be a fun trip. I also didn't want to spend this money, but I also don't want the tickets to go to waste and you only live once, or YOLO as the kids say these days.

So, that about sums things up for me. I apologize for the lack of blogging, but I have enjoyed the break of just being away from it all even though that's been in my own house.

1 comment:

Erika said...

Glad you enjoyed your time off and that you had a nice Christmas!