Wednesday, April 30, 2014

About Last Weekend

The storms deterred me from writing about my weekend adventures from this past week; so, I'll write about it now. You know, in the spirit of blogging more regularly and keeping my Aunt Linda happy.

Friday night, Jackie and I had a girls night with our friend Caley and her now one-month old Cecilia. Caley's husband had gone out of town for the weekend and so I picked up a pizza, made some lemon bars and met Jackie over at Caley's for an old fashioned girls night. We met up around 6:00 p.m. and I think we finally left around 11:00 p.m. It was a fun night and we were able to catch up on any and everything.

Saturday morning, I met up with my friend Leah at Chili's for breakfast. Yes, I realize this seems like a strange place to meet someone for breakfast, but Chili's was hosting a pancake fundraiser for Relay for Life and Leah had tickets. Her husband Paul was also out of town (the menfolks were all on a bro weekend getaway) and so she invited me to tag along with her. I was thankful for the invite. The breakfast was really yummy and the company was even better.

After breakfast I made a quick run to Target and then back home for some cleaning and laundry. Finally, around 5:00 p.m. I started on the yard work. I realize that some of you may find it strange that I like to do the yard work in the evening, but it's typically a lot cooler and the sun isn't blazing down like it would be in the middle of the day. So, to me, it's preferable.

It took me about two hours to get all the yard work done. I finally got a new gas can for the weedeater and was able to trim up around the house and the shed and the trees. Also, because I lowered the deck on the mower, it took longer to cut and bag the grass; but, when it was complete it looked really good. As much as I dread getting started on the yard work each week, I've got to say it's a very rewarding experience to be able to look out at your hard work and have it look nice a trim - for a day at least.

I also worked on a teeny tiny improvement project which I will write about later. I wasn't able to finish it on Saturday and then it has rained every day since and so I hope to finish it this coming up weekend.

Sunday was church and Sunday evening we had a softball game scheduled which got cancelled about an hour before we were supposed to play because it was raining and so now we have two games to make up at some point this season.

Other than these things, the rest of the weekend was spent relaxing and watching some TV and just generally being lazy which is what I love most about the weekends. Hope yours was good too!

No comments: