Sunday, March 1, 2015

Review: Lucado's Treasury of Bedtime Prayers




I'm just back home from a weekend visit to the Biltmore which was wonderful and I will certainly write about soon. Today, however, I want to start off the week with a book review. I actually have quite a few books I need to review, so don't be surprised if there's more than a fair share of reviews posted this week. One good thing is that some of them have giveaways as well so be sure and check back throughout the week.

Today's review is of Lucado's Treasury of Bedtime Prayers by Max and Denalyn Lucado. I'm sorry to say I do not have a giveaway for this book as it is absolutely lovely and I wish I had an extra copy for one of you. This book would be absolutely perfect for any toddler or young child in your life to read to them before bed at night. It is a collection of Bible verses and poems (some original by Max and Denalyn) that are sure to warm not only the heart of your child, but your heart as well.

The book is divided into 10 sections which are:

  • Good Morning, God
  • God, You are Great!
  • My Family and Friends
  • In My Play and Through My Day
  • My Mealtime Prayers
  • God Takes Care of Me
  • Teach Me, God
  • Prayers for Special Days
  • Thank You, God!
  • Good Night, God!


In addition to the prayers, poems and scripture, the book has gorgeous illustrations throughout the book which will no doubt make it very appealing to children who pick it up. Prayer is such an important and essential part of being a Christian and there's no better time to start teaching prayer than when children are young and impressionable. I feel like this book would be such a useful aid in helping children understand the importance of prayer. After reading some of the sections from the book, you could encourage your child to pray and help get them in the habit of talking to God daily and throughout the day.

Lucado's Treasury of Bedtime Prayers is available at Amazon for less than $20 and would make a great addition to any child's library.

No comments: