Thursday, August 25, 2011

A Little Progress

I’m happy to report that when I arrived home yesterday afternoon, a little progress had been made on the guest bedroom, which is great news, people, great news. It may not look like much, but it’s getting there slowly but surely. Apparently the reason no work was done on Tuesday was because the repairman wanted to give the room and the joists another day to air out, which makes sense considering how saturated the wood was.

New floor joists went in yesterday. I was under the impression from speaking with my dad that the new joists were going to go in between the old joists, but it looks like the went in directly beside the old joists. I guess there was a change in plans or maybe I just misunderstood which is highly possible. It also looked like the repair guys cleared out some of the crawl space making it a little easier to maneuver around. That might just be a figment of my imagination, but I’m pretty sure that’s what it looked like.



There was a hole leading to the back of the washer that had not been there before; so, I am assuming the leak at the washing machine was repaired, which is definitely a good thing since it was the cause of all this madness.



Also, there was one new sheet of sub flooring installed. The other sheets are on my front porch and I assume will be put in today.



At some point, I’ve got to dig out the paint can for the bedroom and take it to Home Depot to get some new cans of paint. I’m praying I still have the can for that room, but can’t be for certain. I had stored a lot of the old paint cans and buckets out in my shed and finally disposed of them last year. I think that the bedroom paints are in my bedroom closet; but not 100% certain. I will soon find out though. As for the hallway, it will have to be repainted as well but I’m not too concerned with that paint color. I know I don’t have anymore of the beige paint that covers the walls in most of my house. All of those were in five gallon buckets and they were disposed of last year. I do still have the paint samples I used when we renovated my house so I can probably take those to Home Depot and hopefully they will still have the paint formulas there. If not, then I’ll just go with darker beige in the hallway, which really doesn’t bother me at all.

The hallway actually needed to be repainted before I knocked a hole in the wall. While I was renovating the house, and older man from church came over to help paint one day and he started painting the hallway the green that is in my bedroom. I noticed the mistake and gave him the right color – he then told me he was color blind. Most people will not notice it, but in the spots where George started out painting green, you can still see some of the green coming through the beige. So, a fresh coat of paint will definitely do that hallway some good.

Clearly, the repair work will not be finished by tomorrow, but at least they are making progress and before you know it this little project will be a thing of the past.

1 comment:

Erika said...

So glad that progress is being made; maybe it really will be finished in a week!