Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Sometimes I Frighten Children

I hope everyone had a safe and happy Fourth! Mine was nice and really low-key. I was up early and made some coleslaw and lemon bars before settling in to watch the day’s stage of le Tour. After watching the stage I managed to peel myself off the couch and bathe which is always important when you are going to be seen in public.

My parents had a cookout which was originally scheduled for noon but due to some errors with the stove, we finally got around to eating about 1:15. The food was great and I ate too much. Our friends Naaman and Cheryl brought their famous potato salad and I was thankful to be able to bring some of it home with me as well as some of the Kahlua pig my dad cooked; so I will have another good lunch on Thursday.

I left at the same time as my granddad. He wants me to drive his spare vehicle for a while, which is actually the vehicle my brother usually drives. My granddad offered to have my car fixed – the window and possibly the gear shift if it’s not too much. I hope to take it in over the weekend or sometime next week. The offer came out of nowhere and was really nice of him. I will be glad to have the window repaired and probably so will anyone who rides with me. So, we dropped Blue off at my house then I drove him home and brought the Beamer back home with me. When I got home and turned the car off, it sputtered a bit and it was like the engine wouldn’t cut off. It was a little weird. I don’t really know what my granddad’s plan is for the car, but I will drive it while mine is in the shop but don’t plan on holding on to it. I think it is better suited for my brother. After all, I have a goal of driving Blue until she gets 200 thousand miles on her.

Wednesday night I went to church and only had one child in my class so he and I went in and joined another class so that he wouldn’t be the only student. I still have a slight cough from my recent bronchitis and every time I coughed one of the babies would turn around a stare at me. He had the most serious look on his face and it cracked me up. Apparently I was a wee bit startling. The rest of the night I hung out with The Tide, watched some TV and listened to all the folks shooting fireworks. I’m sure it will carry on way into the night.

So, like I said, low key and enjoyable. It’s back to work again tomorrow which seems odd because all day it has seemed like a Saturday. Hopefully you all had a nice and enjoyable day as well.

No comments: