Monday, November 5, 2012

Get Out And Vote!





As if you didn't already know, Tuesday, November 6 is the day we Americans go to the polls to decide on our elected leaders for the next two-four years (depending on the office). I have always loved and had a passion for voting. I think it is one of the best privileges and rights we have as Americans.

I don't know about the rest of you, but never in my voting lifetime have I felt that voting is as important as it is this year. I have had a lot of anxiety and concern over what the outcome of this election will be and how our decisions as voters will shape the face of our nation for the next few years. My prayer is that the decisions we make on November 6 will be decisions that will restore our nation to the God fearing country it once was.

Whoever your candidate and whatever your party, please get out and vote on Tuesday! Polls will be open in Alabama from 7:00 a.m. until 7:00 p.m., and if you work long shifts, please note that your employer cannot prevent you from voting. You have the right to leave work at an appropriate time to in order to make it to the polls before they close. If you are in line at 7:00 p.m.,  you will not be denied your right to vote.

I'll be working at Precinct 3 in Madison County and am excited and nervous about the day. It's sure to be quite an interesting experience and you can bet I will be blogging about it soon.

Get out and vote - be responsible - be the voice of your nation - take your country back!

For those of you in Madison County, AL, click here for a sample ballot. If you are looking for more information regarding the 11 amendments to Alabama's constitution that will be on the ballot, please click here.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I totally agree!! I early voted - along with many other people who had the same idea that day. I can't wait to hear about your experience working the voting location.

Erika said...

I am voting after work - can't wait to get my sticker ;)
Voting is such a wonderful privilege.