Sunday, November 25, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012

Hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving. Mine was good and busy and it’s hard to believe it’s already over and we are all now focusing on Christmas.

After working the recount last Monday and Tuesday, I went back to my “real” job on Wednesday. After work, I came home and mixed up a large pan of dressing and rolled up some apple dumplings. Seems like I did a few other things as well but I can’t remember what all it was. I took a break to attend church and then came home and did some more food prep, including mixing up two batches of bread dough for homemade rolls.

Thursday morning I got up early and made some coleslaw and a pie and 24 mini pumpkin cheesecakes. I broke off the bread dough and made rolls. I finished cooking the black-eyed peas and baked the dressing and rolls and around 1:00 my brother and granddad came by to help me load everything up and take it over to my parents’ house.

I arrived at my parents’ house around 1:30 and was surprised to find that everyone was already there seeing as how we were scheduled to start at 2:00 and my family is usually never on time. As it turns out my mom told everyone we were eating at 1:30 –well, everyone but me; when she and I had talked previously we had decided on 2:00. I made everyone wait until 2:00 to start eating – we were still waiting on a few others to arrive who I told 2:00. Eventually we were all there and we got started on a delicious meal.

That evening I broke one of my life long rules of not going to the movies on a holiday and went to see Breaking Dawn Part Two with my cousin Ashley and her husband Andy. The movie was pretty good and perhaps I will post a review later this week.

After the movie I went home and enjoyed a little down time before going to bed to get some rest before heading out on Black Friday. It was one of the best Thanksgivings we have had in a long time – nice and relaxing and tension-free, just the way it should be. Hope yours was just as nice!

1 comment:

Erika said...

Glad you had a good Thanksgiving!