Friday, November 2, 2012

Upon Further Calculation, I Grew 1/4 An Inch

I have no doubt you all have been popping in each day this week to find out what my measurements were after Goga-ing for one month. Okay, maybe not; but, I'm going to tell you about it anyway because I know there are at least two of you who are interested in this information.

So, you may recall that on October 1 I signed up for one month of Goga. After hearing all the fabulous results women across Madison County were having at losing multiple inches I figured it was definitely something that I needed to try. I made the decision to sign up for one month and to go as often as possible because according to the lovely ladies who work there, the more you go, the better your results will be. For the four week experiment, here are my Goga-ing statistics:

Week One: October 1-6 - Went five times, saunaed four times
Week Two: October 8-13 - Went four times, saunaed twice
Week Three: October 15-20 - Went five times, saunaed four times
Week Four: October 22-27 - Went four times, saunaed three times

I was measured on Monday, October 29 to check my progress. This was exactly four weeks after first signing up. Now, I will say I had some bloating going on this particular day but I'm pretty sure I may have had the same situation on October 1. so, take that however you want. Here are the results:


Date 10/1/2012 10/29/2012
Neck 14.5 14
Bust 43 43
Upper Abs  39 39
Waist 42 42
Lower Abs 53 53.5
Hips 52 53
Left Thigh 30.75 30
Right Thigh 29.75 30
Left Arm 15.25 15
Right Arm 15 15
Total Inches 334.25 334.5
Total Gain
0.25

So, as you can imagine I was a wee bit disappointed. The funny thing is the girl who measured me told me I lost a total of one inch but then when I did the calculations to write this post, it turned out that I actually gained .25 inch - is there no justice in the world? Jackie, however, who has a much better metabolism than me (good genes) and who only went one or two times a week lost a total of seven inches. Yes, that's right folks, seven inches. Apparently my dad was right when he recently told me, "you've just got a big body like the rest of us. You'll have to live with it." Thanks for the words of encouragement.

I did go ahead and sign up for another month because even though the tape measure may not say it, I do feel like I'm looking a little better and have had quite a few people at work comment as such. Jackie said that maybe my cellulite is just melting away first. So, we'll go with that. Works for me. I also thought it was helping keep the sinus infections away but then I was hit with one of those late in the week which kind of tossed that theory out the window.

As of now, my plan is to continue through the end of the year and see how it goes. It does seem to have benefits for a lot of people who go and you can't really argue with those results. I did not go to the gym this past month because of an extremely busy schedule and hope to be able to fit that back into my afternoons along with Goga and maybe that will provide me with some better results. At any rate, at the moment, I do not have any plans to get measured again until the end of December, but that's always subject to change.

*Remember, if you decide to give it a try, don't forget to mention this blog.








1 comment:

Erika said...

I know the measurements must have been disappointing, but maybe it's because your muscles are growing! I'm anxious to see what the results are in December.